Premium content

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by bob shovel, 27th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone is up to speed with paid content and likely changes in the future. Mainly around podcasts (or anything similar you know of)

Some newspaper sites are charging for access or fees once you view x stories. Is there likely to be changes to the podcast space or more online premium content through digital magazines or libraries?

Is there a new PC section coming for selected el premo subscribers? ?

Smart property investor runs his podcast along with a business one but i don't see how that gets people buying magazines or atleast encouraging more regular customers.... i just listen to the podcast and don't buy the mag! :) the property couch is able to get people into their BA service, broking and strategy stuff.

Is domain and re.com.au looking at anything?? Fwiw domain puts out good content but re seems to be bottom feeder rubbish. Would i pay for access to domain content?. .... not sure

EN710 likes this.
  2. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I pay a small fortune for paid content.

I find that the free stuff is really just advertorial to get you engaged.

It is ok to pay. If the guy writing the content has a brain in his/her head s/he will want to get paid.

The big ones - CCH Gold, Lexus nexus - and then TIA, CAANZ AFR and Business News.

Wife gets rp data

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Definitely agree people need to be paid for their efforts providing it's quality content. Thats why i was wondering where some of these free podcasts are heading, without income. Just saw the property couch uploaded apodcast calling out for new staff! They are getting a return on the podcast!

I have no idea what these are:oops: I'll get googling.

I don't pay for any content. However i'm content with that at the moment:cool:. But perhaps i haven't come across the right sources. (Includes no music, no Netflix, no subscriptions)

4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I think if you get to a certain number of subscribers advertisers will pay you to be on the website.

You can also do indirect product placement.

Mostly it just induces a person to contact the presenter for more info and they are then offered a range of services.