VIC PPOR With Capital Growth

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sprea, 7th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sprea

Sprea New Member

In need of some advice please. I'm looking for a PPOR ( min. 3 bed 2 bath 1 garage) with a budget of $800k and preferably a suburb that still has CG in it. As I commute to work, ideally it will be close to a train station with shops around. Nearby park/reserve will be a bonus. We are planning to have a kid so a good school will be required in 6/7 years time.

Currently considering Reservoir , Braybrook and Altona/Altona North.
    -West side of Reservoir. Prices had gone up so much that a less than 200m2 townhouse is now asking for $850k and above which I think is way overpriced. Needless to mentioned, the east side will be much affordable however, very close to the housing commission pocket which I'm trying to avoid.

-Braybrook : Looking at this project by Stockland (The Orion) . I can get a decent size (more than 200m2 ) 4 bedder with $800k, walk approximately 20 mins to train station. Will there be any potential CG in this suburb ?

-Heard a few positive/negative of Altona North so I'm currently sitting on the fence with this one. It seems like some think that the CG has max out in this area ? Towny's price are more or less the same as Braybrook.

thank you.

2. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

anything wrong with an existing house on 600sqm?
    that will have the best chance of capital growth

lots listed around 800 but not sure what they actually sell for

3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Seabrook. It has everything you've listed. Older, but solid homes. Have a PM with @Plonker, he's bought there very recently.

Avoid TH devs in Braybrook, you'd be paying for the developer's profit. The worksmanship maybe questionable too.

4. Sprea

Sprea New Member

Absolutely a preference if I can get a house within my budget. I've been through a few auctions in the mentioned suburb and most of them always sold way over reserve price so looking at $850k and above although reserve stated within $750k-$800k :(

5. Sprea

Sprea New Member

Thanks Westie, interesting as I've never thought of Seabrook. Will definitely have a look!

6. Ben JH

Ben JH Well-Known Member

Yea, Seabrook has come up a few times in other threads. It has a decent primary school.

upload_2021-3-9_22-31-35.png