PPOR Reno - floor plans

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Coconutwheels, 14th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Coconutwheels

Coconutwheels Well-Known Member

G’day All,

We are in the early stages of planning a pretty major ppor reno.

Thought I’d call out for any advice and thoughts on the floor plan sketches before we commit to anything.

Planning a second level, with kitchen, dinning, living and large balcony. We are one street off a lake and will gain full lake views from the second level.

Sketches attached.

Attached Files:

2. Coconutwheels

Here are the current floor plan first, just ignore the squiggly line in the middle, and then after second level goes on. Behind the stairs will be a guest bedroom not ensuite as shown.

Attached Files:

3. hobartchic

hobartchic Well-Known Member

Looks good :)

Coconutwheels likes this.
  4. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Option 2 of the upstairs design gives you the option to put a 2nd door into the ensuite/bathroom (or otherwise adjust design) so guests & visitors in the dining & main living have access to a WC.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  5. Coconutwheels

Ok cheers, tbh option 2 is my preferred atm, the bedroom is bigger and I do like the ensuite wardrobe layout.

6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Make sure you also add a second door to the ensuite to allow guest use when entertaining. Either that, or guests have to walk through your bedroom, or go downstairs to use the toilet.

We stayed in a holiday townhouse once where the kitchen and living areas were upstairs, the bedrooms and bathrooms downstairs. Having to go up and down to use the toilet was a real nuisance.
    Marg

7. Coconutwheels

Thanks for the replies.

The architect looked into weather this may be a complying development. They found out if we bring the upper level side boundary walls a further .4m in on each side and reduce the balcony to a max of 25m2 we should get it through as a compiling development.

I think that would be ok, still a big balcony at around 3.3m wide and about 7.5m long. I marked up the floor plan with the smaller deck, and where we could shrink in .4m in two places. I think it still work well...?

The option of floor plan I liked, may be getting a bit too monstrous at the front, with the roof pitch being much hiegher and further forward. I scketched on some lower pitches as an idea...what do you think?......I’m not sure on the lower pitches, they may be a bit ..meh

Attached Files: