PPOR Kitchen reno - Fisher & Paykel appliances?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Ghoti, 13th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

Currently planning the PPOR renovations and the kitchen design has been somewhat of a battle until the GLW found an oven that had both decent width and height. Its a Fisher & Paykel 115lt job.

Now of course that means we're considering a matching F&P cooktop and - may as well go for the trifecta - Fridge. (She's not mentioned a dishwasher, but I wonder if this may see defection from Asko to F&P?).

Anyways, does anyone have any experience with F&P ovens, cooktops, fridges and maybe dishwashers?

Cheers,
    Scott

2. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I have a FP oven and fridge and they're both great.

4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Great stuff, VERY expensive.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I've had F&P dishdrawer and that's exactly how it performed - great storage unit wouldn't use it as a dishwasher as they leak steam which ruined the joinery. Go for Asko or Bosch or Dishlex etc.

Just because you have brand x oven, doesn't mean you need to be faithful to the brand for other kitchen components (not everyone's carpets match the blinds).

6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

My 5yo F&P 900mm gas cooktop (quite expensive) in my former ppor just died, the control knobs are broken internally and its $800 for a set of 4. Utter ripoff.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Other than the functional benefits of a dishdrawer (Which I have looked at and ignored as its logical but also impractical AND sooo expensive ), I have found other manufacturers for better pricing and quality. Once when all goods were locally made they had a different reputation now china. thailand and mexico are where its all made. I think they may have lost their edge. - Now much like any other manufacturer.

Ask in your local good guys, bing lee or other appliance stores for their opinions. They see the complaints.