NSW [PPOR] Croydon/Ashfield/Concord: First Home Buyer max budget $850k~

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by RobotHam, 31st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RobotHam

RobotHam Member

Hi all

I'm in my late 20s and getting ready to make my first purchase after a few years of renting out. My plan is to buy and live in an apartment for a few a years and turn it into an investment property down the track.

Ideal property:
    • Max capital growth
    • Near / easy access to CBD
    • Pleasant suburb (minimal high-rise buildings)
    • Max 850k
    • 2 bedroom+
    • Built around or before 2000
    I'm interested in any comments about 2 bedroom apartments around the Concord-Croydon-Ashfield area. My absolutely max budget is probably around $850k. Would this area fit my criteria? Also happy to hear any other suburbs near the Metro West Project.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Ok bud, I'm only posting this cause I just bought a place, otherwise I would be all over this and not posting it here for someone else to beat me to it.

9/164 Edwin Street North, Croydon NSW 2132 | Domain

One of the best streets / apartment blocks in the area, nice little secluded cul-de-sac yet super close to the station. Has direct access to a common backyard for bbq's. Solid as hell construction, and ground floor too so it feels like a house. If you can get this within your budget you've done well. It's a stunner and one of the best apartments available that I've seen for a long while. As I said I'd buy this myself if I still had cash.

John_BridgeToBricks likes this.
  3. rocean

rocean Member

based on your research, what prince range do you think that property would be considered as fair market value?

4. jaybean

This sold for $885k, however this was fully renovated:

Sold 11/164 Edwin Street North, Croydon NSW 2132 on 20 Jul 2020 - 2016325065 | Domain

HOWEVER this was back in June. The market has moved on. My bet is anywhere between $850-$900k, but you should go to the auction anyway...you never know.

5. RobotHam

RobotHam Member

Sorry just to clarify, you think the inner west apartment market has retraced ground significantly since July 2020 and 9/164 Edwin St will sell between 850 and 900?

6. jaybean

Yes the market has gone up since then.

7. rocean

rocean Member

sorry i've been away for a while. just noticed it sold for 810k. so whoever got it must have got a good deal!