PPOR Construction Ideas

Discussion in 'Development' started by alexm, 4th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for some ideas regarding a new PPOR that we're looking to build at a possible beachfront location. Our ideas center around the warehouse look (concrete walls, floors, timber, glass and totally open plan). My wife and I aren't interested in the 'homely' look. We prefer cold and industrial.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding this style? I'm used to building 'regular' style houses in new estates however this is a deviation and new direction for us.

Appreciate the advice.
    Al

2. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Anything outside of the "norm" usually means $$$, but considering its beachfront then I imagine you need to build something substantial! Good luck, interested in seeing your design.

3. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@alexm

use marine grade stainless steel (to avoid salt issue)..

wood, concrete and glass will go long way.

may want to design reverse living home..

4. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

Check out the Marcus Beach House by Bark Architects (I love everything about this home), Concrete House with Industrial Features by BAK (I like the interior of this one but not the exterior), and Blairgowrie Back Beach by Wolveridge.

Get onto pinterest and do searches for things like "industrial beach concrete architecture" and prepare to waste hours.

Look at as many old editions of Houses Magazine as you can find.

Might not be industrial enough for you - not a lot of concrete - but I also love Under Pohutukawa by Herbst Architects.

M-THIS and 380 like this.