Power of Social Media....

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Pumpkin, 7th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

2. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

It not the first time, some people aren't motivated by money, there was another article about an old lady sold her home to a young couple which she thinks can take better care of the place she called home at 30K cheaper than the other buyer.

Lot of negotiation books I read the author gave plenty of real examples how he got cheap price on properties and deal because he knows the other side motivation other than money

I properly do the same, if I find someone to be honest and upfront I probably sell to them maybe a bit cheaper than the people I don't like.

I was competing for a property and someone made a slightly better offer like 5K but the vendor sold to me because I came and have a chat with them and sit down and have a cup of tea

3. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

The agents I have dealt with never like to let me near the vendor. I would love to meet them, then I might feel like if they like me I have something over other purchasers. Depends if they need the money or not I guess. The agent would want as much money as they can get though as they'd want the biggest commission they could get

4. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Yep I've experienced this.

With one of our old PPOR's - the owner seemed to have a preference towards selling it to a buyers as a PPOR and didn't seem to like the idea of someone purchasing it as an investment. To be fair - they'd lived in the house for 50 years so probably preferred the idea of a younger family moving in and staying for a while.

Cheers

Jamie

Colin Rice and PandS like this.
  5. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

This is many years ago

For me, the vendor was home when I inspecting the place and they offer me a tea and I took it and we sat down and chat a bit, and they ask a bit about my background and I said I am first home buyer, start out, saving hard try to get a place and settle down and I been looking for the last 6 months and can't seem to secure a place

I comment on how they kept their place very clean and tidy and immaculate condition and I like to own this property, they like that.

Anyway, I was very nervous when the agent rang me said some couple offer 5K more than you but the vendor wants to sell it to you, lucky you, I was over the moon.

Maybe it all about money these day and good old fashion things like these dont exist any more :)

6. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

You ole schmoozer!

Nothing beats face to face communication to get the respective messages across.