Pottsville area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PatsyStone, 12th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PatsyStone

PatsyStone Well-Known Member

Hi everyone , was recently in Pottsville visiting my brother . I was shocked to see so many new houses with so many more on the go .All new land releases sold off the plan with more to come . It's absolutely a sellers market. Some excellent profits would have been made there in the last year. My brother who has done a little buying and building there for several years said he can't get his head around this current market .Everytime he thinks it's peaked a new record sale is made . He said Casuarina is the same . It appears it's being bought Mostly by retirees and young families from QLD wanting a sea change village lifestyle . The Main Street is looking charming . The facilities are still rather poor though. Not even a service station. As pretty as it is I have missed the point as to why this price increase and demand and wonder if these towns will hold their value at today's prices for long . Anyway.... whilst eyes were upon Sydney and other cities excellent money was being made in Pottsville . Cheers all

2. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Very spruikerish post!

I watch the Pottsville market, we have property on Elanora Ave. I wouldn't say the place is booming by any stretch.
    Yes, lots of new land releases and building going on, but no more so than other towns locally.

Look at what's happening around the Salt dev't in Kingscliffe - with Coles going in etc, that place has grown dramatically in the last 5 years or so. It's only natural for a flow on effect to move onto Cabo, Potty etc.
    I don't believe that the prices have jumped dramatically either or are flying off the real estate walls. Neighbours places have been on the market for a good while, and have come down A LOT in asking prices from what they were chasing originally.
    Holiday season coming, more properties traditionally sold over this period, so may change? Who knows.

There's a Coles servo at Hastings, 3 minutes away but yes, it is a great place to live.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If you go south ten minutes up the road you will find one of the best caravans parks in Australia in that area..
    Wooyung Park

4. PatsyStone

PatsyStone Well-Known Member

spruikerish? Not at all ! was simply mentioning my observations and info from my relative who has been building and selling in Pottsville for a few years. It's a top little town . I recall what it looked like when I would drive along the coast road heading up to the Gold Coast. Pottsville is coming along nicely . Cheers