Positive Property Solutions

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by JakeStone, 22nd Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JakeStone

JakeStone New Member

2. Ian87

Ian87 Well-Known Member

The book seems overpriced.

Branden likes this.
  3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

The library is free.

momentum26 and The Gambler like this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Lots of free info right here.

The Gambler likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Well-Known Member

Did you watch the video of the case study? Some major red flags there being:
    - Told his client to sell his "older" property to release equity and to buy a new build. Despite the client admitting his older property was "cashflow neutral". His client probably just sold a property that he may have been able to renovate to add value or could have been in a great growth suburb but was told to sell it because it was "old and needed regular maintenance".
    - Clearly directs his clients to new properties for "cashflow benefits" and to make it "cashflow positive" - a massive red flag
    - Got his client to buy a new property and the property was "not listed on realestate.com.au". So basically selling developer stock to his clients
    - Admits on his website that the course you have to undertake with him is "expensive".
    So in a nutshell:
    - You pay for an expensive course - you could just buy books or read on this website would cost you virtually nothing and you would learn more and it's independent info.
    - He directs you to buy developer stock of which he will likely take a cut from the developer which means it will be overpriced - I am reading between the lines but that's what it seems like
    The only positive thing he said was "there are 16,000 suburbs in Australia and you need to look outside where you live" - at least not just encouraging you to buy in 1 city or suburb. Probably has links with developers across the country!
    You would also want to check:
    - Is this company linked with PIPA? (Property Investment Professionals Australia) Does this guy have any qualifications eg QPIA or a financial planner qualification and registration? This is an unregulated industry so anyone can set up a "property investment firm" and call themselves an expert
    Has this guy had any success personally investing in property or is he making all his money from selling new property through developers and running his courses and gaining his clients finance?
    You need to educate yourself before you sign up for anything like this and do a lot of due diligence on any property investment company before you go with them.
    Keep reading through this website, read reputable property books (not his) and use the search function on here and once you have done all of that and you are educated then revisit it.

jbv, Branden, ellejay and 3 others like this.
  6. JakeStone

JakeStone New Member

Thanks for the informative reply.
    Have been doing the homework for sure.
    The guy seems successful.
    Adelaide property guru reveals how to retire in your thirties - realestate.com.au

But, any hack could probably get on the TV if they really wanted to.

Got an invite to their private facebook page from a work colleague. Page has a couple thousand members. But mostly posts motivational B-S@$% and the occasional video.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with them?

7. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

The morning TV shows are all paid promotion. I remember Refund Home Loans used to be on quite a bit. They weren't actually selling home loans, they were selling franchises. Ultimately they went bankrupt. I wouldn't take a TV segment as an endorsement of anything.

My feeling is to go to a seminar. Leave your wallet at home (people often get caught up in the hype and spend on the spot). Take lots of notes.

Then come back here and ask for feedback on the strategies they've out lined.

Some red flags to look out for in any seminar:
    * They only promote new properties.
    * Rental guarantees are offered.
    * They have their own people to organise our finance & legal advice.
    * Understand how they get paid. If you're not paying them, they're probably not working for you.

Last edited: 23rd Jun, 2020
    JacM, Branden, See Change and 4 others like this.
  8. Trainee

The irony is newbies want to ask experienced investors about this or that marketing company.

but no experienced investor will touch these one stop shops.

But somehow the newbies think in the absence of negative reviews it might be some undiscovered magic.

dont. Just, dont.

thatbum, FatElephant and Todd like this.
  9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Here's a fact - if he did his buying in 2010-2015 - you can't replicate his success by using the same methods. Times have changed, and you need strategies that will work today...and they are totally different.

Also, NEVER use a one stop shop. You always want to have your own broker, accounting and legal.

MWI, Branden, See Change and 2 others like this.
  10. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Let me repeat that for the benefit of some of our newer members:

UNDERSTAND HOW THEY GET PAID. IF YOU'RE NOT PAYING THEM, THEY'RE PROBABLY NOT WORKING FOR YOU.

JacM, movebenztropine, jbv and 11 others like this.
  11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

While I can't answer for anyone else, personally I'd rather poke my eye out with a blunt stick.

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

13. Trainee

If you are not paying them, and the seller, the developer, is putting 50, 100, 500 units (each with a 5 figure sales commission) to the marketing company.

whose interests will the marketing company act in? What truths will they stretch to get you to buy? will they risk the millions from the developer?

14. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

What makes you think that?

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Because there are no negative reviews of the bod and we know that we can rely on the internet. :rolleyes:

See Change, ellejay and Lindsay_W like this.
  16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Self recommendation is no recommendation at all.

See Change, ellejay and Lindsay_W like this.
  17. Josh miller

Josh miller New Member

I was a member with these guys and it was difficult to get out of the service they provided. Just be aware their free consultation is when they also ask you to sign up with a deposit over a zoom meeting. ✌️

Last edited by a moderator: 31st Jul, 2020
    42396, 41428, momentum26 and 2 others like this.
  18. JakeStone

JakeStone New Member

Appreciate the feedback all.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Sep, 2020
  19. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Whats a "member"?..Sounds like way to suck more money from people. Let me guess special deals NOBODY else will get...Yeah right....Developer fees, hidden income, BA services, credit services, trails and a subscription on top. Woohoo. Kaching.

20. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Sounds like Paul have his tin foil hat on. LOL :p

Joking about that - I am sure you have been around the block a few times and have seen many characters in this game. :D

See Change likes this.