NSW Portfolio - Next Steps

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mezza, 3rd Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mezza

Mezza Active Member

Hi All,

New to PC and my first post. Have been enjoying everyones posts and thoughts.

I thought i would post a thread as i need help with my next step in building my portfolio. Bit of a back story, currently have 2 IPs (Houses in Sydney & Kippa-Ring) which are neutrally geared. I have a good job which provides sufficient weekly saving. Looking to buy a third IP which will max out my borrowing capacity for the next 2-3years, so the next purchase will to provide capital growth and neutral gearing. My strategy is a long term buy & hold.

I have narrowed down my next purchase (budget up to $550k) to one of the following:
    1/ House on the Redcliffe peninsula on a 800sqm block. Strategy to split block into 2 separately titles and build.
    2/ House on the central coast close to the new business precinct at Tuggerah.
    3/ Unit or Townhouse in Sydney or Melbourne within 5-10km of CBD.
    4/ House/Duplex with a high yield. Strategy to provide positive cashflow to portfolio to reduce purchase time to fourth IP purchase.

Any guidance or input on what woud be the most appropriate next purchase? Due to reaching borrowing capacity limit i am little confused on the next purchase.

2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Welcome to PC! :)

Have you done the numbers for each scenario?

In my own portfolio I've found that the properties that have been purchased with more strategic intent have performed the best - those with more value add and growth potential. In the list above option 1) resonates for me for that reason, but that is just my opinion :)

Sackie likes this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Have you done a BOE feaso to see the viability of this option?