Port Stephens LGA, Raymond Terrace?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by flosed, 30th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. flosed

flosed Well-Known Member

Has anyone interested or invested in those area? House affordability is actually quite good considering it's close to New castle if you can avoid those dodgy street.

I talked to some agents, some said it's still hot despite Sydney slowing down. Some said it's actually cold. I am not sure about the true story.

I need some cash(not quite urgent), thinking of selling one property there. According to the statistics of realestate.com.au the house price there is still rising(slowly). Not sure I should sell now or hold for a little while.

Any comments are welcome .

Thanks !

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

hard one

im not a local, got a couple of clients with stock in the region.

The Terrace Im guessing will suffer the same hang over that parts of lower priced sydney have seen for 6 mths or so.

Whn you get mixed market sentiment from the industry as you are getting, sounds like a case of cooling vs warm.

What do to the stats tell you ?

ta
    rolf

3. flosed

flosed Well-Known Member

Thanks Rolf. The price rise 8.5% since last year. The meidian price rise from 355k to 386.5k . But apparently the rise is quite flat this year.

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

mmmm, that could be a fall that is quite flat too :) But its not. It is still trending up a little with +5.4% CG this year.
    This is almost always the case with regionals that follow on from when the CG stops in the capitals.