Pool Maintenance in QLD

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by TimC, 14th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hmmm really? Not America yet
    If this is the case i better send someone over to administer their panadol too:) 1 packet will stop them being able to pay the rent :eek:

2. Agent99

Agent99 Well-Known Member

We are only one step behind the US when it comes to litigation, ask my friend. Was sued for $850k because the property manager decided to walk straight past wet floor signs and slipped on walk on a damp floor, not wet.

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

You could play the litigation game or just get a hit man with money left over

4. TeeJee

TeeJee New Member

Does anyone know if the tenant or landlord are responsible for the GST on the chemicals (if the tenant is paying for them) TIA

5. 8650

8650 Well-Known Member

I charge the tenant the whole amount of chemical usage when I receive the invoice from pool shop. As it states in their lease agreement they are responsible for the pool chemicals used at the service.

6. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Trying to understand your question...
    If the Tenant is responsible, they'll pay the full amount of the invoice. Whether they can claim GST is dependant on their GST status...

7. TeeJee

TeeJee New Member

I pay for the "service" of the pool ($55) and the tenant is responsible for the chemicals. The invoice covered both the service and the chemicals - total added up and then GST added on. My Agent is saying I have to pay the GST on the entire amount (service and chemicals) and the tenant is charged the chemicals ex GST (even though it is added in the total).

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Jun, 2018
  8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Seems odd. Why wouldn't the tenants pay for the chemicals? Maybe ask the pool company to separate the bill so that the pool service is separate to the chemicals and GST is added to each separately.

9. 8650

8650 Well-Known Member

They are responsible for the GST component. If they bought the chemicals at the pool shop they would have to pay the GST

TeeJee and wylie like this.
  10. TeeJee

TeeJee New Member

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Jun, 2018

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.