Online Poll - Topics of Biggest Interest for 1 Hour Focused Online Meetup, Upcoming

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by C-mac, 26th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Which of these potential Online Meetup topics would you most be interested in joining for?

Poll closed 2nd Nov, 2020.
  1. Manufacturing capital growth and/or rental return - on a current or future property

33.3%
  2. Commercial real estate - types, deal-sizes, lending environment, considerations

33.3%
  3. Renovation strategies - cosmetic, structural, maximising CG or Yield bang for buck

11.1%
  4. Residential small development - e.g. duplex, small unit/townhouse build

22.2%
  5. Dual-living, NDIS, and/or NRAS residential - higher-yielding multi-inhabitant dwellings

5.6%
  6. USA residential property - how it works, challenges, returns, setups

5.6%
  7. Other foreign-country investment markets - opportunities, risks, markets, setup structures

5.6%
  8. REITS (Real Estate Investment Trusts) - how they work, types, benefits, challenges, returns

22.2%
  9. Growing Markets Discussion - (Market being geo or market-segment) you think will grow and why

11.1%
  10. Declining Markets Discussion - (Market being geo or market-segment) you think will decline and why

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi folks, I recently ran an online meetup under what was quite a broad/general topic of "cash-flow".

It was a great 2.5hr session with lots of participation and lots of sub-topics touched on; however; with a topic so broad; it was hard to go into specifics on any one sub-topic in detail.

So what I thought could be helpful is: I run a future online meetup that is just 1 hour or so; but focused on one specific topic that would be most interesting to anyone who joins.

The value would be in:
    - Those who have expertise in that topic joining to help share insights with others
    - Those who want to know more or have specific questions about the topic can ask questions

Please note; the poll features a maximum of 10 choices and well.. these below were the ones I brainstormed and added!). If you don't see a topic in the list that is super interesting to you, please feel free to reply to the thread mentioning your topic instead. But also please vote anyway on the poll (consider it your 'next best choice'). Comments are helpful for future; but the poll participation is important for now. Thank you!

***Disclaimer: None of what is said during online meetings constitutes professional financial advice. I'll read out this disclaimer also, at the beginning of the session. Sessions will not be recorded as this helps to promote a more open and inclusive discussion for all.***

I'll leave the poll open for 7 days and based on results, I will schedule an Online Meetup with a topic outline :D

PS - I only have experience in a few of the tactics below so depending on the most popular topic for the meetup I personally may not have much to say during the meetup!

Adding:
    @skater @Crispy @BunnyXiao @Raymond Patrick @The Y-man @Baker @Peppas @segue @milobear @MGVP @LibGS @Kremitz @craigc @catnip @Kriv @twix11 @Rooky @PV2020 @The.Night.King @Crafter2003 @Mezza @spludgey @Karina @Lacrim @solotak @ashish1137 @Tyla @Peter_Tersteeg @Charlotte30 @SmileSydney @euro73 @mitsui @Bon_E
    @rld @datto @Curious2019 @Yazan @mehrar_84 @Mark @Beano @MTR @KhudGabbar @sash @Luckycharm @radioactive @Viet Nguyen @standtall @Serveman @Hari Yellina @Cousinit @hash_investor @The_Billy @wombat777 @Jezzah @Clive Palmer's Yacht @Boss @MC1 @Vanillascent @mickyyyy @albanga @Waterboy @Kangabanga @wylie @hieund85 @Younginvestor2 @Morgs @gman65 @Tattler @VB King @DueDiligence @Noobieboy @Kite @luckyone @trustnoone @Codie @Angel @Propin @qwertyui @Gockie @Robbo80 @Redwing @Tony3008 @Fargo @essendonfan @Sady.Sydney @Elise @Maximus @Scott No Mates @Shogun @henry_ip @Optimus @Trainee @Marg4000 @Codie @Rolf Latham @Terry_w @Harry30 @Rugrat @doublebrick @Blueskies @Archaon @Lindsay_W @Gen-Y @Todd @Plonker @John_BridgeToBricks @rajesh subramanian @Touristy @hydroboy

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

You need an "Other - Please specify in thread below" and a "Negative Gearing" choice :)

The Y-man

3. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Ah - I thought of that but by not putting an 'other' it makes it easier to tally the polled results. If via the comments the majority are responding with a topic outside of the 10 in the poll, I can lead with that topic for the next session (and following that, whichever actual-poll topic won, in the session following that one).

The Y-man likes this.
  4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Do people only want a single topic? Perhaps there may be some interested in more than one topic?

5. catnip

catnip Member

Then it could be another session :) yes keen on thematic meetups to focus on depth vs breadth, with in-person meetups to shoot the breeze... when we can do so again haha.

6. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've changed the poll to allow up to three choices.