PM Recommendation Moreton Bay (Bray Park, Petrie...)

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Oliver, 3rd Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Hi,

I already had 2 PM in the area but I'm unhappy with both of them.

The first one was Ray white and it was almost impossible to get in contact with them.
    I tried calling, emailing and only the strict minimum was being done to look after my property.
    I got charged twice for some repairs, I couldn't get the water rate paid on time...

The current one is unfortunately not any better and doesn't handle repairs he is supposed to, just told us he was busy and didn't have time for it... a big joke!

Would you be able to recommend a good PM in the area?

I have other properties in Australia and doesn't have any issues with my other PM, but since I bought a few properties in Moreton Bay that's a different stoy :)

Thanks!

Last edited: 3rd Sep, 2018
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Nick Brown
    Edge Property
    0406 399 616

Aside from being a business owner, he's also a senior trainer at the REIQ and a fantastic career Property Manager, well worth getting in touch.

3. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Who's the current one?

I had one with Ray White, but they've recently sold the majority of their company and Property Management Solutions have taken over their rent roll.

They are excellent. Last week, I moved my other property over to them.

4. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Ray white Marsden has bought another PM company in Moreton Bay. I believe being in the Logan area and managing properties around petrie was maybe the reason why they didn't care.
    Jennifer was my main contact and has been terrible to do her job properly. Mistake on every bills, not following up on repairs... And of course not responding to email / phone.

5. Ian Partridge

Ian Partridge Member

Are you still looking for a local PM?

6. Michael Mitchell

Michael Mitchell Property Manager Business Member

I used to work for a well known franchise chain and now work for myself, pro's and con's to each for the client. The issues you have described are not uncommon for offices where they load the PM's up with so many properties there's no way they have enough time to effectively manage them all.

7. Peppas

Peppas Well-Known Member

8. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

I short listed and screened most of those recommended in north brisbane and only one did what they said they would do...most seemed too busy and in some cases felt like they were doung me a favour...seriously ☺

Alana from realway north lakes did what she said she would do ...always answers emails and so far has provided great advice and service...

Tom Rivera likes this.
  9. Prashant Mahajan

Prashant Mahajan Active Member

Howz the rental market currently in Bray Park, Petrie area? My IP is vacant for a month now and PM is saying its because Rental market is soft. Not sure this is true or I need to find a new PM for my IP?

10. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Most areas are slow at this time of year with bray park particularly slow for the last month or so... it is picking up now though. There are a lot of 3 1 ips in the area now so lots of stock across kallangur bp lawnton etc so need to make sure your property is at the top end to rent it quickly...

Tom Rivera and Prashant Mahajan like this.
  11. Prashant Mahajan

Prashant Mahajan Active Member

Thanks @Closet . Any tips regarding ur comment "make sure your property is at the top end"? I m just a beginner in property investment and still learning.

12. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Assuming everything else is right (i.e aggressive quality marketing), a soft market should translate into a rent reduction on most properties- extended vacancy is almost always a misalignment between the property position and the market.

You also only have about two weeks until people stop looking to move in until after Christmas, very important to get it right now- or wait six weeks.

13. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

A few things to consider in a soft market
    1) As Tom said make sure that your property priced well....is slightly cheaper than comparable stock...I've found even $5 - 10 can be the difference between a slow rental and a quick one
    2) Need to look at the quality and features of the other properties at your price point and make sure that yours exceeds or at least matches them. Well presented properties attract good tenants and rent quickly so keep it well maintained
    3) Make sure you have professional photos taken not just the dodgy ones some put up there. They only cost $200 - 300 and are well worth the expense
    4) Have your leases finish in peak periods...much easier to rent as opposed to this time of year...check what those are with your PM

Tom Rivera likes this.
  14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I was looking online for a potential 3 bedroom rental house in Bray Park a few days ago. I noticed some are looking unloved and not at all attractive. A few have no air conditioning.