Planning Permit and Sub Division

Discussion in 'Development' started by MelbInvester, 26th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MelbInvester

MelbInvester Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm planning to build 3 units in one of my property in Bendigo. I'm actually going with one of the project builder in that area. They are giving the Planning documents/ drawings.

So do i need a town planner to lodge the application? what is the easiest and quickest way to get the Planning approval?

I also got the sub division Feasibility done by the Engineering company and i think they will able to submit to council.

What is the pros and cons by doing the subdivision and Town Planning together ? or can i do the Planning permit only?(subdivision cost is 35K for each block.)

is there any Tax benefits ,doing subdivision after the build ?

My plan to keep these units for 1 year and sell 2 and keep 1 or sell 3.
    i assume then i can claim more depreciation and less CGT ?

Pls knowledge me with your valuable comments.

MI

2. 3354

3354 Active Member

Your project builder will need to submit all the relevant planning application drawings to Council. A Report is useful to add to the package. The subdivision permit is just a paper. You need a registered surveyor to lodge the subdivision permit- usually down through SPEAR in Victoria. Once you have completed the conditions of the subdivision permit ( services, crossover etc) your conveyancer can lodge the Certificate Council will issue when those works are completed together with the Surveyors approved plans to register the new titles. Since you plan to hold the development lodge the documents to the titles office once your builder comes up to say sill height . If you are holding for a year it maybe worthwhile to subdivide after a year as subdivision attracts more rates. As its a 3 unit development council may ask for an open space contribution- usually 5% of land value

3. MelbInvester

MelbInvester Well-Known Member

Thanks, They are not doing the Town planning and i have to organized. But they provide all the plans to provide.

4. Thorpe

Thorpe Member

Hi @MelbInvester

Just wanted to touch base and see how your project went?

I have recently moved to the are and looking at doing very similar