Photography Clause

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Big Will, 20th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Was wondering if you purchase a property and you want to use the vendor's photos is there a requirement to get permission?

If so I would much appreciate the wording of how you include this into the conditions or do you make it part of the inclusions?

Thanking all in advanced,
    Will

Touristy likes this.
  2. Touristy

Touristy Active Member

Yes generally copyright would be held by the photographer with rights brought to use photos for only advertising by that agent/agency. Unless the photos were taken by an employee of agency then I imagine they might let you. Depends on your use etc of photos once you get them. A real estate photographer myself.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I have also been given the photo by the agent.

4. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Always best to ask as a condition on the contract. Have your solicitor add the condition. Here's an example of that (3), and related conditions:

special_conditions.png

Big Will and kierank like this.
  5. Touristy

Touristy Active Member

Always ask etc but doesn't matter what clause you put in if agent doesn't hold copyright. Not his work to distribute or give permission to use. Usually there is a contract between photographer and agent for use only in advertising for sale only. Unless like I said they have an in-house photographer or an unusual contract. Us photographers have got to be tactical in how we protect our work. It's never black and white.

Daniel Taborsky likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.