Photo I saw today... is it a ghost?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by wylie, 12th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Booyah.

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Geoffw isnt the soul contributor of puns around here

JDP1, The Y-man, geoffw and 1 other person like this.
  3. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Or Aliens
    Or life forms which function beyond our sense spectrum ( seeing Or hearing)
    Or time travellers from our own future
    Or secreat military experiment

Maybe I should stop watching too many movies :)

4. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

Why don't ghosts come out in the day time? Why is it that they always apparently hang around at night time, when the light is bad, eh? Or are only "visible" in fuzzy or grainy photos? I say it's because they are a figment of the human imagination, that's why.

I used to live in a share house where people thought there was a ghost. I was vocally skeptical. I suffer from "sleep paralysis" sometimes, where you dream with your eyes open but your body is frozen (because you're asleep). One time this happened to me after all this ghost talk and i dreamed of a ghost with my eyes open.

I saw a ghost, was frozen and thought it was "possessing" me. I kept saying to myself that they're not real, in doesn't make sense, but could see the thing and couldnt move (because i was dreaming). After this going on for a few more moments, it "possessing" me despite me going round in circles saying how ghosts aren't real, i finally just got ****** off at the whole situation and thought.... well if this is an evil ghost, i might as well try to fight it, and tried really hard to get up to attack it or something. This made my body move finally, which along with the anger, woke me up.

I looked around at my now normal room and thought "Man: 1 Ghost: 0"

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2015
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

My friends who lived quite happily with two ghosts said they would rattle drawers and walk in one area - day and night. Movies have them only at night because it is scarier. Houses are also quieter at night. ;)

6. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

You need a priest, rabbi, imam or whatever...

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

No. Ghosts don't like jokes.

8. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

Haha no no I'm quite ok. My housemates enjoyed the story actually and they stopped talking about "ghosts" afterwards.

I think fearing ghosts will one day be shown to be just an evolutionary reaction to avoid certain dangerous areas - dark places where you can't see predators, when you're asleep and vulnerable, etc etc.

9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

What if you see them in the day and you're not scared?

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that stupid show "Ghost Hunters" - the go and talk to folks who have a haunted building/house/office etc, claims of sightings and noises from staff and so on all the time...often during the day.

Ghost Hunters always go back there in the dead of night, with every light turned off, infra-red cameras etc, hoping to record stuff....o_O

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I used to love the show on tv "the extraordinary " hosted by a guy called Warwick. The show was quiet spooky but the presenter would scare me more! He had a creepy deep voice and scary looking face.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Is that the stupid one where their digital machine picks up what the 'ghost' is saying? Ridiculous.

13. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the spooky old [haunted?] queenslander [ must be worth millions] opposite UQ- other side of the river, high up on the hill overlooking the river, surrounded by trees and shrubs. Nearest neighbours a good distance away, and a fair amount of trees and foliage separating.. Surrounding trees and shrubs have overgrown. No sign of life. Never seen any lights [ despite the place having I'm guessing at least 5 bedrooms] anywhere in the house. Only lit by moonlight. No boats moored nearby. Never seen anyone go near it; not even on the river. I can just imagine...a ghostly apparition of an old lady haunting the place...

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF