Photo I saw today... is it a ghost?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by wylie, 12th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I went today to an appointment where the premises was the place of a murder many years ago. I know the owner of this building who said that in one particular room he has often felt someone watching him. He is no namby pamby either. This room apparently was where a murder took place, but that is all I was told, years ago.

I know some of the other staff have "felt" something but others have not. Today one of them said she has never felt anything, but another person leaving at night, driving out of the carpark, snapped a photo taken with what is very clearly (though fuzzy) a person in the closed doorway. She showed me the photo taken by the other person on her phone. It cannot be a reflection of the person taking the photo (taken from her car). It is clearly a person standing in the doorway.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, but this photo sent tingles down my spine. I've found the news story about the murder that I'm about to read now.

I'm going to ask her if she would allow me to put the photo up. If I'm given permission I will ask for it to be sent to me and I'll post it and see it for yourselves.

I think she should at the very least send the photo to someone who can analyse it, or at least hold onto it.

Last edited: 12th Oct, 2015
    The Y-man and EN710 like this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'm a skeptic, but not a non-believer. It could be something :confused:

Do post the photos. Perfect timing as I'm already quite scared right now

I'm guessing some PCers will start asking if the property would be a lot cheaper to buy because of the ghost :rolleyes:

jodes likes this.
  3. wylie

I am going to ask if I can post the photo. I'm not sure what the answer will be.

If that doesn't happen, I'm going to at least suggest she send it somewhere, even email it to herself so it is dated for future use. My kids tease me because I know some local houses that are haunted. I've been in one of these houses several times recently and felt nothing, but the stories of that house are on here. People can believe, or not. I don't mind.

This photo today is the first time I've seen something like this in a photo taken by someone I know.

EN710 likes this.
  4. House

House Well-Known Member

In the spirit of things you should definitely post it.

Maybe he's on his way to a Halloween party but has no body to go with...

B-Man and Propertunity like this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters!

neK likes this.
  6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Ask @Mombius Hibachi to investigate.
    I assure you the ghost will be the one scared.

inertia likes this.
  7. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

I've stayed at places where doors slam closed and no windows/doors are open - how does that happen? Brother of the owner being strangled at night - but that could have been anyone - maybe even me - he's an A-hole.

Never seen a 'ghost' though.

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I don't believe in ghosts, but I have seen one.

Several years ago a friend was murdered in the early hours of the morning. Later that day I was on the phone at home and I seen a man walk from a bedroom to the bathroom. I said to the person on the phone that I had just seen a ghost. A few hours later I learned of the death.

9. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

A scarier thought than ghosts... more people believe in ghosts, angels and aliens than the theory of evolution and global warming (US polling however...)

It’s amazing that superstitious beliefs can outperform hard science.

shelleykins, Traveller99 and inertia like this.
  10. freyja

freyja Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing the photo!

11. wylie

I'll do my best. Seeing the lady with the photo again tomorrow.

EN710 likes this.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I was a huge sceptic. I've mentioned previously a few instances where I've felt my mum was watching over me. Objects have moved in freaky coincidences. My family think I'm weird for thinking there could be more to it.

I'm still a sceptic, but like to think it would be nice.

EN710 likes this.
  13. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

what we don't hear or see normally does not mean things don't exist. we all have limitations; ears only hear between 20 Hz - 20 kHz, eyes only respond to spectrum 390 to 700 nm. maybe they are everywhere but we couldn't see or hear :cool:
    but no, yet to believe in ghosts

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I love ghost stories

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing it, sounds spooky.

16. datto

datto Well-Known Member

How come ghosts and UFOs never appear in public?

Why won't an alien in their spacecraft land in some podium in America, introduce himself and start telling us what we are doing wrong?

Oh wait, I forgot about Donald Trump lol

Lizzie and Bayview like this.
  17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Terry nearly stole my words - I don't believe in ghosts but I've felt something I cannot explain.

I was very close to my grandmother as a teenager. I had seen her that day at the hospital.

That night I woke at 3am and felt this immense wave of heat or something I can't even describe which travelled from my toes up to my head then stopped. I wasn't scared, but I sure as hell didn't want to experience it again.

About 30mins later there was parental activity in the house and I got up to hear that my grandmother has passed away.

Hope you get permission to post it.

18. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I dont believe in ghosts etc, and normally dismiss the paranormal. But the back room in the governers house in Port Arthur where his mother died was an unusual place that had my hair on end. Felt oppressive and stifling, and there are a number of people from around the world who have taken photos and sent them in with white streaks across them in that room and nowhere else.

19. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Do a shift in Cumberland hospital and tell me how you go. Even a security guard dog refuses to go to some parts of the hospital.

20. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yeah. Old school mental health things give me the heebie jeebies. \

Creepiest place I think I've been are the catacombs beneath Paris. http://www.catacombes.paris.fr/en/catacombs