QLD Petrie - University / The Mill Priority Development Area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by wombat777, 12th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. clubman

clubman Well-Known Member

2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Happy for people to have made money...no skin off my nose. My point is that I have made just as much...in other areas.

I am now enjoying the ride in Moreton Bay....I have 6 in Brissie. I retired over 2 years ago....but then again...you have spruikers on here carrying on about St Marys/Colyton which is clearly not correct. There are people on here who own in some areas of Mt Druitt like @skater and @beachgurl . I am more likely to see what they think these places are worth...not these spruikers.

I saw $1m sales last cycle (2002) in places like Old Mt Druitt and they dropped off severely. Lets see how long that goes for.

I like to focus on the bigger picture...you don't get to 8 figures without that. I am targeting to better quality properties ...I suspect within the next 3 years...I suspect the median value will be 800k in my portfolio plus..newer..and better areas around the country. This game is constantly evolving...if you don't evolve and and a one trick pony watchout.

Having all your properties in Sydney is mistake in my opinion...very people have set-up structures handle land tax. Once you at the third year of averaging for land tax and lets say you own 10 houses....you could be up for more than 4m in land value. At this point you will be paying 50k plus land tax...might look great on paper but hard to manage. So exit strategy is important and even then ....there is tax element. Again...luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Hehe, the worst spruiker now looks back to a thread several years ago & tells everyone that his alter ego was the only person who knew anything back then. Some people are really delusional.

100% Land tax will eat you alive, if you let it.

sash likes this.
  4. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Nothing delusional. Actually several other long term members are the ones that pointed me to that thread. I never even knew that thread existed.

They are also laughing at you two with all that rubbish that was being posted in that thread - you guys just think no-one is laughing or shaking their head. Plenty are.

Like everyone says hindsight is the ultimate decider on how good advice is. That thread says everything. Nothing more to say at all other than the advice in that thread is utter rubbish.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mate...you talk a big game...no one seems to know you....you were invited to come to meet-ups but you don't show...even zooms. You are always busy...I thought you had a very large portfolio...you don't need to work?

Respect to people @skater @beachgurl @Craig as these are real people who post real examples and facts. For the record I do not agree with everything they say if you come to the meet-ups you would know......solid discussion and debate is great but spruiking stuff which is not correct is not so good.

Lets leave it at that...no need for the diatribe and unrealistic posts. This is giving some of the newbies the wrong impression.

The internet is full of people who post stuff just like influencers...the fact and reality were two different things. I used to work in profession...where I used to have to read people quickly...very interesting....what I learnt...it was in IT.....and some of it involved governance, compliance and fraud...you learn a lot from this. I retired over 2 years ago...and I still use this to read people....great skills to have and still use it to this day.

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Haha, you are either delusional, have little comprehension of the written word, or you can't read. If you actually went back and read that thread you would find that @sash and I sit on opposite side of the spectrum when it comes to Western Sydney. I've always been very bullish on the area, and @sash has not.

We have both been in this game for a long time, and although we disagree on many things have a mutual respect of the knowledge and skills built over a lifetime.

You spruik as if you are on a huge income with a huge portfolio, yet you can not get finance to purchase anything. Yet here I am, retired, with no serviceability for finance, and I've bought 4 properties since 2019. If your income was so high, and you've been around as long as you say you have, you'd have been filling up the offsets and have plenty of powder dry to swoop in and pick up something of good value...yet you don't.

The ONLY people you impress with what you post are the newbies who are green around the ears.

Chanel333, Jana and sash like this.
  7. thunderstrike888

^ Hahahaahaha.

You guys love to defend yourselves but don't have the integrity to admit when you guys were providing so much nonsense advice that you ACTUALLY cost the newbies 100s of thousands of dollars in profit. Literally.

If I was a newbie back then and had listened to that advice on that thread I'd be having a serious issue. It cost ppl potential LIFE changing amounts.

If you want to go 1:1 PM me further otherwise let the public read that thread and judge for themselves. As I said there are several SENIOR members who are laughing so loud. Ignorance is bliss.

Anyway this is the Petrie thread - get back on topic.

Rambo likes this.
  8. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

JAW and The Artisan like this.
  9. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

10. clubman

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I believe they will have a few hubs by then, and they can land at heliports as well.

12. clubman

13. thunderstrike888

JAW and clubman like this.
  14. Greedo

Greedo Well-Known Member

15. clubman

16. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

DA at 3 Armstrong Street Petrie.

The frontage is 15.5m. Urban Neighbourhood zoning.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.36.05 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.28.48 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.29.02 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.29.13 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.29.31 am.png

JAW likes this.
  17. Malcolm Myers

Malcolm Myers Member

Is anyone aware of the MBRC planning laws around dual occs in Petrie? I heard you can’t have a dual occ with separate leases any more. Is this correct?

18. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Pretty straight cut on the mbrc website.

19. thunderstrike888

Babesoft and JAW like this.
  20. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Really?