Perth building brokers

Discussion in 'Development' started by QbiK Evolution, 15th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. QbiK Evolution

QbiK Evolution Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I'm looking to get a new duplex subdivision quoted up. Does anyone have any experience with any companies in Perth?
    How do most of you quote your buildings do you do it yourself or contract it out to a company like this?
    Thanks

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Do you have designs yet?

HBA Perth's Biggest Building Broker is who a few of my clients have used. They have a pretty good response for tenders from a number of builders. The main thing to remember is that although they give a specification to the builder to quote on there still some variations in the builders quotes so you have to scrutinise them all to try and compare them. It's not quite comparing apples with oranges more closer to comparing Pink Lady Apples with Sundowner Apples.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. QbiK Evolution

I sure do one will be my ppor but so there is endless debate and changing over the floor plans. I've had two w real rough quotes to know Wether I'm in the ball park or not. I guess the first thing is to get planning approval then tender them properly with a broker.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You can talk to brokers now - even get quotes. They might have some good ideas about the designs which you might like to incorporate before planning approval.
    Up to you of course - just thought I'd throw that out there as an option

5. QbiK Evolution

I'm guessing you would need to pay a fee for that service but? I'm still not sure if the council will approve my subdivision so I'd rather keep all expenditure to a minimum until I get the go ahead.

6. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

most brokers will be able to give you a round-about figure when looking at your plan.

7. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

You'll generally pay a fee, usually a percentage of the contract value, and the broker will most likely also get a kickback from the builder. I'd be sceptical with some of them. Compare the prices they give you with prices directly from builders. In my opinion there is a real conflict of interest there if they are getting payment from the builders.

Like anything I'm sure there's good and bad. It pays to shop around.

8. QbiK Evolution

I was under the impression there is no fee to be paid from my end similar to a mortgage broker. There is a drafting fee usually but this is for having a design drawn up. I am a draftsman and have done my own to avoid copyright anyways.

9. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

I've had clients that have paid $20k to a building broker once they signed with their chosen builder, only to have then been left in the lurch when the builder went broke. The building broker had also received a 2% kickback from the builder before they went bust.

10. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with a small commission - especially if you've saved them 10% or so, most people are happy to pay you something - just do the right thing and declare that their price includes it.

double dipping though - not cool.

11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Bump

would like feedback

looking at developing my site in Perth and wondering in current Perth market could this be a good way

Anyone used a building broker? Good, bad, ugly??

thanks

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member