Pergola + shed questions

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Cimbom, 8th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I finally received a cash settlement from our insurance for damage to our back pergola from the hail storm a few months back. The rest of the damage will be repaired by the insurance company but they couldn't warranty the pergola so gave us a settlement for this. You all are always great at giving feedback on quotes so I thought I'd follow up to get your thoughts on the below.

Pergola
    The laserlite sheeting needs to be replaced (approx 8m x 4m) and some of the roof beams were also damaged and need to be replaced. The previous owner didn't construct it that well so the underneath of some of the posts has a bit of rot so we thought we might as well replace these too. The pergola roof is in two parts (combined together) with two different roof heights which I always thought was a bit weird. We'd like to redo this too so it's all the same roof height. We have been quoted 4k + GST including full repainting. Thoughts?

Shed
    We'd also like to build a new small shed at the back (~4-6sqm range). We've found some nice kits online that we'd be happy to buy and put together but not sure about the concrete slab. Would a concreter want such a small job and how much would this cost?

Thanks for your help :)