[PER] Soil reports - Geotechnical engineer recommendations

Discussion in 'Development' started by hematite, 13th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Arnel

Arnel Well-Known Member

@hematite
    thanks for the reply mate,

I have never had to connect storm water to drainage system, generally got away with soak wells.

I take it i will need an hydro eng to draw up a plan for it? and in regards to council fees how do they work this out?

Arnel

2. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

They prefer you not to connect to their system and hence the fees are big. They use (quoting them) the fees to upgrade the network as it isn't so great. The fees sounded like a standard figure for me, but this would vary from council to council.

I guess it would depend on a few factors, but that is what my builder said. I haven't worked with residential drainage before.

3. hematite

Ended up getting the geotech report for $1400. Was completed fairly quickly also.

The question I now have, is that the site is classified as P due to it being a soft site.

My builder has only entered a PS of $9000 for earthworks. I suspect this won't be enough. They have been working on the building contract and should have it finalised very soon.

But, how can a builder have all the working drawings done (which I suspect would include footing design) and not have tested the site? Surely they wouldn't know how to design the footings then? Since footing designs are a by product of the site and type of building...

Any help?

4. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

@hematite

Are they working on the contract or the PPA (plan preperation agreement?

5. hematite

@HD_ACE They are working on putting the contract together. I have made a deposit and signed the PPA.