NSW Parramatta

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JTR, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kashmir

Kashmir Well-Known Member

2. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

3. teg499

teg499 Well-Known Member

Light rail is a game changer for Parra. Can only see good things for parra in the future. Next 5 yrs Parra skyline will be transformed.

4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

It's already quite expensive to get into Parramatta now IMO. How much more can prices grow for Parramatta?

5. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Fantastic news. They chose to start with a combination of the 2 preferred routes, including replacing the Carlingford heavy rail line (not all the way to Macquarie Park, though) as well as the route to Sydney Olympic Park through to Strathfield.
    Making it happen in Western Sydney: Parramatta light rail network unveiled | Transport for NSW

Video from NSW Transport:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 9th Dec, 2015
    Sackie, teg499 and Property Twins like this.
  6. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Making the Parramatta - Carlingford line end up in Carlingford is rather silly. It should connect to Epping or somewhere else with the rail at the other end. Because other than James Ruse students, who else would benefit from the line terminating at Carlingford Station? Its not a line people will tend to use to get to their workplace.

Gibson likes this.
  8. larrylarry

I agree that Carlo should be connected to Macquarie park. I take train from Dundas to Clyde to switch to western line. Got used to it.

9. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

It is. Haven't given up yet though. Opportunities might come in 2017..

10. scarletstarlet

scarletstarlet New Member

I found an OTP 2 bed 2 bath apartment near westmead for $580k - really considering it to take advantage of the 15k first home owners grant before it goes down to 10k next year and for the mild stamp duty discount.
    I know this forum's mantra is that OTP is a really bad idea hence I've been hesitating - at that price though - is it really that bad?

11. larrylarry

You should assume that you are buying at a premium. Secondly the valuation at settlement may be different from what you paid. There's a thread today regarding a valuation of OTP that is $50k less. Is it a good price? Hard to tell really.

12. larrylarry

Read this. It may be relevant to you. Off the plan investment finance advices pls

13. Lincsus

Lincsus Well-Known Member

Prices in Parramatta are coming down (for the units at least). They will go down a little more IMO but don't expect the prices to crash 40% or something. They may come down 10-15% and then stabilize.

14. larrylarry

i wonder if the rate of softening is greater for new units only and whether older established units will hold their value better.

15. Lincsus

Lincsus Well-Known Member

From what I have seen, new units are going down in price at a greater rate. Almost new 3 BR units have come down by around 80k already. The older units have held their value much better.

larrylarry likes this.
  16. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

I don't mean to buy OTP now, once they finish, (if ever :cool:) oversupply, then will buy at bargain prices in 2 years..

17. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

My mate bought an OTP in the new crown building and came out ahead with mutiple of crazy offers from people. But he did purchase it prior to the crazy boom time.

18. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Parramatta vacancy rate at 3.2% in December, which looks to be the highest recorded there now.

19. JTR

JTR Well-Known Member

Some concept designs have been released on the redevelopment of Arthur Phillip High School and Parramatta Public School as the first high rise public schools in NSW.

"Parramatta's Arthur Phillip High School will be rebuilt in a 17-storey tower in a project the state government hopes will show how to build education infrastructure in dense urban settings.

The 55-metre tower to be built in the western Sydney city's CBD will be adjoined by a separate four-storey curved building housing a new primary school, Parramatta Public School, under the plan by architects Grimshaw and BVN. They will open in 2019."

School in the sky? Parramatta's Arthur Phillip High first public NSW high-rise school

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

teg499 likes this.
  20. larrylarry

Just read a newsletter from MP Geoff Lee, in particular the light rail plan. It states "Light rail routes will connect: westmead, sydney olympic park and strathfield via camelia. At camelia the line will split, creating a route to carlingford via telopea, dundas and rydalmere." Yes, the carlo line needs to have a more reliable service... I'm kinda sick of waiting for a train every hour to get to clyde before changing platform.