Painter recommendations Perth

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by theperthurbanist, 20th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. theperthurbanist

theperthurbanist Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am about to embark on repainting the interior on my IP and am looking for some recommendations for quality yet good value painters (emphasis on the latter).

Someone with solid experience in renovations/existing dwellings will be essential as there will be A LOT of filling of holes etc to be done (which I’m yet to decide whether will be done by myself or the painter).

Price and quality needs to be appropriate for a mid range ($350-$400pw) rental property. So not too expensive, but not so bad it is noticeable.

If you know of anyone please do recommend them and maybe provide an indication of where you would see them fitting on the ‘high quality/high price’ > ‘cheap price/cheap result’ spectrum.

Thanks!

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

I can't recommend anyone.. all the painters I've used in Perth have been rubbish. Surface prep? what's that? Test "fresh" plaster (6 months old) nah.. just paint it, she'll be right (hint, it wasn't :mad:)
    My experience has been such that I do all my own painting work now. I hate it, but it's the only way I can get a job that I'm happy with. Even for an IP.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Perth - Painter Recommendation

And also from an earlier thread:

4. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

I know we/I post recommended stuff from Bunnings or other suppliers etc but are we allowed to post contact details for tradies on this forum?

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Sure

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I put a post on the Perth subdivision forum last week for recommendations and got recommended

theperthurbanist and Perthguy like this.
  7. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

No prob, his names Glen - 0405 348 640
    As I've said before he patches up big & small, can gyprock/patch ceilings etc, did it for me when I decommissioned a fireplace/flue and moved an exhaust fan, can't tell it was there, sorts out an issues with flaking, dampness etc etc, uses oil base if required where necessary.
    Very happy with his price, quality & reliability was a bonus.

He also knows allot of tradies with similar work ethics to himself he can recommend, he organised/negotiated a custom kitchen for me, got stone benches, sink & tap-ware + range-hood included for less than what just the kitchen with laminate was gunna cost me at Bunnies, then I'd still have to install.

8. theperthurbanist

:eek:

9. theperthurbanist

Perthguy likes this.
  10. theperthurbanist

Cheers @Westminster and @WestOz , I have spoken with both Glen and Adam. Both seem like good guys that take pride in their work. About $500 difference between quotes so reasonably close.

Still keen to get a third quote if anyone else has another recommendation (I've contacted a bunch of other people, including @DT's past recommendation, but nothing else has worked out for one reason or another)?

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Ive had some work done by Simon from OTTO construction and maintenance (I think that was the company name anyway).
    PM me for contact details

Blacky