Paint Sprayer

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Esh, 7th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

2. BuyersAgent

My neighbour is a painter of decades and has used my old no name ebay gun, which he was happy enough with but had plenty of "feedback" about. He just bought one of the new Ozito ones and loves it.

3. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Well-Known Member

We have used a Wagner wall perfect on a couple of jobs. It comes with a long extension to do ceilings and takes paint straight from the can. Gets a lot done in a short time.

I have also used an Ozito hand held and it's nowhere near the same quality. Only to be expected as it is substantially cheaper and has a standard head (fine spay type) so thinning is necessary.

I now have a Wagner Flexio which has the same head as the Wall Perfect as well as a fine spray nozzle. I'm yet to give this a run.

Regards

Andrew

4. BuyersAgent

5. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Well-Known Member

6. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I used to have a $800 one that I got on discount,

ive done my fair share of paint jobs, and here is my quick tips for a DIY paint sprayers

only use paint sprayers if you have no or little taping/covering,

I spent hours taping up a room and then about 5 mins spraying, ended up taking the same amount of time as a roller,

paint spraying machines need to be cleaned ridciulously well,

one of the jobs I ended up buying an ozito or other brand hand gun for like $40 and it worked well , and was better then the $800 one for the task at hand which was cutting in and grooves for the mortar for the outside brickwork

paint sprayers are good for undercoats and cutting in if you dont tape that much, ie the floor is going to be carpeted later,

you can try and minimise the roller use by say undercoating the walls and overspraying the ceiling, and then spraying the ceiling overspraying the walls and rolling the walls,

or you can spray the walls and overspray the ceiling, and then cut the ceiling in by hand, which might be easier

regardless, I only use sprayers for when there is very little taping these days,

I find that also even if you tape it right, once the paint dries, removing the tape can be very uneven and horrible, that now I trust my right hand to do it with a brush...and quicker too

7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

+1 to all that @pinkboy has said. After all he is a tiler