Pacific Mortgage Group?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by PMQ, 10th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PMQ

PMQ Member

Can't find any previous posts about them. Just looking on Canstar etc, their rates are low and seem to have all the features... just wondering if it's too good to be true.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

PMQ (your ID) = Pacific Mortgage Group ?
    looks sus?

Last edited: 10th Oct, 2015
  3. PMQ

PMQ Member

Hahaha no, my first thread (which was why I started my account here) was about Port Macquarie, so I grabbed 'PMQ' which is the Port Macquarie airport code... but yes it looks suss as hell now.

Greyghost likes this.
  4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

My mistake. I read G as Q.

Sorry can't shed any light on PMG. One of the finance brokers on here may know.

5. Daniel Jurin

Daniel Jurin Member

I have several loans through PMG.
    They are not a bank. It is a mortgage broker. They do get good rates. But, I would never want to contact them again. The guy you have to deal with has terrible people skills and he not only is hard to deal with, he makes all contacts, with solicitors for example, an issue.

6. PMQ

PMQ Member

Hmm well I ended up going with them, and I found the broker, while brusque, cheerful and efficient. No problems have emerged from his contact with others but only simple affairs for me so far. He wasn't bothered when for example, one of my documents wasn't up to scratch, he just rang back and asked me and I said yep I'll do it. If I had whinged about it, I don't think he would have had much patience.

I guess you could say that banks are trying to sell you the product so they need to charm you, this guy knows the product is great so he doesn't. But we will see....

7. Switchtronics

Switchtronics Well-Known Member

pmg have been mentioned a couple of times in money magazine and property magazines as value over the last few years from what I remember. They always seem to have good rates and no big catches

8. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Pretty sure they are a mortgage manager. Not sure who they get their funding from though

9. salz

salz Active Member

I suggest never ever go there. Pay extra and get a decent broker who has some knowledge on loans. PMG is a mortgage manager. The guy has no people skills and understanding on the loans. I am just paying over 6K for break out cost to my PPOR loan, it has 2 yr remaining on my IO loan with them. it all just coz at that time I thought rates are good with PMG and he thrown all refinance fees free but now it is costing me 6K to refinance back to other bank. PM me if you need more info.

10. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Dodgy as hell. I was burned by him.