Over 50 & Now About to Lose Everything

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by nobal, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. nobal

nobal Member

wow what a nice guy you are Mr "Ace Hole".

Those jobs are in South Australia, so much for your expert search skills.

anyway, I appreciate there are a few nice posters here but there has been too many nasty arrogant and posters who look down on others here so I will not be coming back to this forum again.

bye

2. THX

THX Well-Known Member

At least not with this pseudonym. Live to troll another day.

Bran and Ace in the Hole like this.
  3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

You need to left click the mouse on the link to reveal the nation wide jobs, they are all over Australia.

Angel likes this.
  4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Thanks for the link,that Bogan Gate looks like a outstanding place,, i'm gonna put it up on all the grey nomad sites..

5. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Those jobs are in South Australia, so much for your expert search skills.(quote)

O my, NoBalls is an IT guru and cant read a Facebook page

I replied (ever so nicely, too) yesterday because I didn't read properly and thought his name was Nobel

6. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I am quite disappointed in the behaviour of some members on this thread.
    This bloke has opened up and is in a precarious situation and has been met with sarcasm and members being totally off topic.
    Is this how we help each other as a community on here? - jokes and fun at the expense of someone who has genuinely asked for advice?
    Some need to get off their high horses...

Antimage, marty998, Kesse and 3 others like this.
  7. pokeutopia

pokeutopia Active Member

I just went through the whole thread. Some sympathy and perhaps empathy would be appreciated guys. Life isn't simple and not everyone gets the lucky life. Nobal, if you hop on google and search for The Barefoot Investor, a website dedicated to no ******** simple and honest advice, you can find a lot of useful (and relevant) informations there. Most people here are going to recommend not selling the property (as it is a property forum) but a more important question would be planning for future. Also, have a look at finding a Financial Counsellor. Basically, these people are non-profit organisation that helps out those in financial trouble. You book an appointment, come in and they fight for your rights and formulate a plan to help ease the burden.

http://www.financialcounsellingaustralia.org.au/Corporate/Find-a-Counsellor

Greyghost likes this.
  8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Maybe try advertising on Gumtree and see if you get jobs. Times are not that tough in Aus at the moment, should be jobs around. UK going gangbusters at the moment. If you ever do sell your place maybe you could go there for a few years given you travel a bit anyway

MTR likes this.
  9. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I suspect this happens in your jobs. You get a hard time from some (definitely not all - look how much positive advice you got), and you lose it.

Leaving hurts no-one, but you.

MTR likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@datto will agree - it's a small but vital place in rural Oz between Parkes & Condo.

11. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Is @datto Aboriginal? Bogan is an Aboriginal word meaning 'the birthplace of a headman of our tribe'. It's also an Old English word meaning 'of the bog'. We have Bogan Gate and the Bogan River. I suspect they are of Wirradjiri origin rather than Anglo - despite the new bogan statue recently erected in nearby Nyngan.

Last edited: 20th Dec, 2015
  12. Scott No Mates

@WattleIdo - shhh, don't tell @datto, it might be a new way to scam some additional properties via a native title claim if he can convince the local elders.

13. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Not a bad place to shack up!

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I too am totally disgusted with the off topic comments on this thread. It's not about us, it's about nobal and his plight and I'm feeling ya right now mate.

Now just out of curiousity if some one marries into the indigenous population are they entitled to all the benefits that a land council/govt hands out such as cheap loans?

Also, is it quicker to get to Bourke via the New England or Great Western highway? Might try my hand at gold digging lol.

Doncossack likes this.
  15. Scott No Mates

Sorry @datto I didn't know that you had it in you - you're the salt of the earth.

If you marry one of the members of the community, you must first be recognized by the elders, once you've cracked that, you're in ;)

As for the quickest way to get there, it all depends upon where you start (the Mitchell Hwy goes to Bourke via Bathurst).

datto likes this.
  16. willair

"YES",anyone that family bloodlines link,or if your family people came here as convicts,and if there are any gaps in the family tree there is high % a boomerang will sometimes fall..

datto likes this.
  17. datto

datto Well-Known Member

^^^^ sounds promising! All in the name of property investing! P

18. willair

I was sitting at the "wife" end of year work party last night,and most of the 46 ladies were Aboriginal Health Workers 46 people a few husbands,, sitting next too a locum mental health worker and she asked me when the belly dancers just starting around the long table,if i could go back in time would i marry someone different,and looking around i was not going to answer that question with the wife next too me..

Bran likes this.
  19. Scott No Mates

I'd respond with the "yes, I would. Someone with the regulation compliment of fingers, toes and heads". ;)

20. 212

212 Guest

@nobal I have seen the comments, I have been into the same boat 3 years back, I am an IT guy as well. I am 37. I was made redundant, with 2 kids and non-working wife. Maybe I am a bit conservative, and I cannot sit doing nothing. But I am sure if you spend the required effort, you will be able to keep your property.

I took a week off to arrange for resume update, then I placed an ad on gumtree, and looked for all ads on gumtree. I got a phone call for a carwash for $12 / hour, weekends are a must. And the guy used to pay 1 day and not the other. But I didn’t stop. I went to work every day until I found a 7 Eleven job (same $12) doing evening shift 5 – 11 PM ($300 / week). It was ideal for me to apply for jobs in the morning and going to interviews, and still getting some money to spend, I have done this for 5 months.

Here is what I have done.
    1- I contacted my kids school, and they stopped my school fees repayments until I get my job back.
    2- My wife started looking for work and did a course and a Tafe certificate during this time.
    3- We really cut expenses to the minimum, we spent $300 for the whole week including everything petrol, clothes, food, bills,…etc.
    4- Contacted the bank and reduced the house mortgage repayment to the minimum available

And after that I got a contract job in a different state for 6 weeks, I didn’t negotiate or ask. I just packed my bag and went there, got a shared accommodation.

Guess what happened:
    1- The contract got extended to 15 Months because of the effort I was doing. And I got a job back in Sydney before my contract ended.
    2- I got paid 2.5 times my normal rate (saved in 1 year what I used to save in 4 years).
    3- My wife finished her certification and got a job, and now she is paying for all bills / Mortgage / and house expenses. And all my pay goes into savings / Offsets.
    4- Because my offset is getting bigger, I am paying monthly interest less than 1 week rent for a similar properties rented in my street.
    5- We have managed to buy 2 properties, and negotiating on 3rd one this week.

Please look for different options as not to sell your property, you may not be able to get it back for different reasons. You mentioned that overseas trip can cost around 5K’s. Yes, that’s cheap, but how long does it take you to save the 5K’s. Did you think about that?. Maybe work until you save the 5K’s, and then you can spend it for the overseas trip.

I have seen this happening to couple of friends and family, and it really ends very bad. Do your best to keep your place.

I hope this helps
    Thanks
    Ramez

Savy mum, Nick14, fols and 25 others like this.