Over 50 & Now About to Lose Everything

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by nobal, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

You misunderstand; no argument about what you state regarding your preferences of hiring immigrants over white people. Market forces determine supply/demand, and it's only fair to hire the best employees

My issue is with xenophobic folk who then complain about the "locals" getting left out in the cold.

2FAST4U likes this.
  2. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Get your game on.
    Watch "Hustle like an immigrant" - Grant Cardone.
    It'll come up right away in Google.

3. Ace in the Hole

Get your game on.
    Watch "Hustle like an immigrant" - Grant Cardone.
    It'll come up right away in Google.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

How about getting a white card and traffic control ticket. Plenty of these gigs around

5. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

6. Scott No Mates

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I remembered thinking this when we lived in the USA...loads and loads of Hispanic and Black people in certain jobs...and no white folks.

I kept on wondering; "Why are there no "white" folks doing any of these jobs?"

Either too lazy? or the job is too beneath them? or the pay is too low for them to bother?

I'm talking Maccas counter and retail outlets, carwashes, valets and so forth.

Plenty of white folks waiting tables though...

8. SouthBoy

SouthBoy Well-Known Member

Its not just just the white folks, people of any ethnic origin after living in first world condition, wouldn't consider jobs in poor working conditions. Unless you come from a filthy poor or a broken family. So yes its upto the new arrivals to fill the 'gap' in these unwanted jobs, in 'ungodly' hours and in abusive environments. And businesses take advantage of these people. The OP might sniff his nose at them, but we need people like these to fill those unwanted jobs and fill the business owners coffers.

9. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

Fight or flight mate.

Time to pick one or the other and live with the consequences.

JacM likes this.
  10. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Na...pretty sure @datto is for real. Every now and then he throws in an actual property post that makes sense. That's good enough for me. Plus I think DaveM and maybe skater can verify.

11. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Same as Qatar.

larrylarry likes this.
  12. nobal

nobal Member

this might have come across the wrong way. What I meant was if I sold my place and I got a good price I would put about 5k at the most into a 1 month trip. When I travel I don't stay at luxury hotels, I wish but no I"m quite OK at the lower end. In Asia it's only $20 a night at many places so it does not cost much more than to live here once you add in the cheap air Asia tickets and some travel costs.

I would be happy on a nice tropical island, I know where they are as I used to travel a lot when i was making my 10k a month and I had other properties back then too but I sold them all to travel more. Of course I should have not done that but that's too late now. At least now I know were the nice spots are so I can just go straight there and live on a white sand blue water beach and unwind.

I would also be working on my startups with my laptop most of the time too,

Some may think why do this,well I love to travel and if I can get that out of my system and just stay for 4 weeks and have my fun then I can come back and work my ass of for the next year in my startups.

Keep in mind I have been pretty miserable for the last 14 months so it would be good to do something enjoyable before coming back to commit to hard work and probably little social life for the next year or more...

I put an ad on Gumtree looking for work in Sydney recently, I made it clear in the ad I was looking for work as this has happens to me in the past. Anyway, this time I got about 20 messages from people all around the world asking for this job I was supposedly offering. That is just a glimpse into what it's like looking for an unskilled job these days in Sydney. Someone else mentioned we need them, maybe so but there should be limits that is all, just some limits. I'm sorry if that upsets PC'ers;

Anway, I'm happy to say I have found a job, I start this weekend and there is no trial, I get paid right away. I think with the holidays coming on there will be a lot of jobs as workers get drunk, party and don't turn up to work ;)

thanks to all the helpful posters, happy holidays ... :)

and if things don't go well for whatever reason but I don't expect that I will put place on market but before that I will try to rent it out. I will wait till end of year though and by then I hope I'm still at this job and I have some debts paid....

Last edited: 17th Dec, 2015
    gman65, 2FAST4U, JacM and 1 other person like this.
  13. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Can you use the Internet and do you think you could upload an ad? Can you stand at the front of houses and write people's names down? Can you then wait for those people to call you and put in an offer for the house you were standing out the front of?
    If you answered yes to these questions then you my friend should be a professional real estate agent. Actually if you can do all 3 you may be overqualified..

14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I suppose one could drive Uber and operate a meth lab from from the boot of the car.

"Ah, sorry sir I just can't seem to open the boot, just throw your suit case on the back seat. Yes, that is a strange smell. I'll get the mechanic to check it out tomorrow" lol.

Ben_j and See Change like this.
  15. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Great news ! What sort of work will you be doing ?

16. Scott No Mates

Now that's what I call a 'car boot sale'.

PS: NSW Govt has approved UberX and compensation package to taxi drivers.

17. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Noballs im glad you found a job !! Good luck :):)

I dont want to get off topic.. But i do wonder how many Drug dealers will use Uber x as a way to peddle or courier their drugs?

As for compensation for Sydney Taxi owners whose Taxi plate values went down from 425k in 2011 to 250k now... They will receive A paltry $20,000 !!! :D

datto likes this.
  18. Scott No Mates

$20k more than it should.

Putting the property-anology hat back on, if you gave/gifted/granted fhb $20k due to affordability/leg up/leg over/goodwill etc, it will be leaveraged driving up house prices to the detriment of fhb but benefitting current owners.

Both property and taxi plates have limited supply, natural growth in demand, increasing affluence etc.

Why won't this have the same effect?

19. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

We all have to start somewhere..

datto likes this.
  20. Ace in the Hole

So an absolutely desperate ex IT guy can't figure out how to do a simple Google search, quite strange really.
    Don't try too hard, you might have to move your body and think a little which could cause cause a strain.
    Anyway, here's how you get the jobs.
    One of the first Google results in Fruit Picking Jobs - Fruit Picking Jobs
    If you couldn't get one of those 100's of jobs then maybe working is not for you.

Scott No Mates and 158 like this.