outsourcing/Joint venture development interstate ( melbourne )

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by sofman, 10th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sofman

sofman Active Member

Hi All ,

A while back I got some details of a project manager in Melbourne from the old somersoft site that a fellow user had - He had outsourced the whole development build / approval and design process for a development in sunshine. Unfortunately it seems like this person seems to have disappeared. I am trying to find someone to do the same in a suburb close to sunshine.

www.somersoft.com/threads/sunshine-development-diary-in-detail.86383/

Is there anyone else that has outsourced a full development for townhouses in Melbourne whilst living in another part of the world / country ? Can you please let me know of any contacts with verifiable credentials?

Or

Has anyone done a joint venture with a builder in Melbourne - They build it and I provide the land for an agreeable outcome.

Thanks

John

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My thread on Thomastown, Melb - 4 townhouse deve and Croydon, Vic 3 townhouse may be helpful? just do a search

I have/am developing in Melb but reside in Perth. It's definately possible and do not necessarily need a project manager, but you will need an excellent builder.

Lots of trips to Melb for site visits highly recommended and building inspector for every critical stage.

Do you have a site?

I would contact/pm Brendon, mindmaster he is on PC

Last edited: 10th Aug, 2016
  3. Agent30yrs.

Agent30yrs. Well-Known Member

You could always put it on black ! I jest of course... well, actually, not totally. I see a lot of these scenarios and the process is full of traps at every step and tough enough when the project is in your own street. Is it an option to sell the land and use the equity to fund a project locally?

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

if it's Syd may be too late, land has risen sharply and much higher risk even if it makes sense because they are close to peak or at peak

5. sofman

sofman Active Member

Thanks MTR will do