NSW Opinions on Kingsgrove (NSW) ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sharkish, 21st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sharkish

Sharkish Member

Hi all,

I've been doing some research into Kingsgrove and can't seem to find out much about it.

It seems to be a relatively quiet suburb, surrounded by more sort after areas like Hurstville, Bexley etc.

It seems to be one of those more quieter, overlooked suburbs. I had a walk down the main road the other week, and there seems to be a relatively 'new' apartment complex called The Pottery, however walking down Kingsgrove Road south of the station, seems to have a lot of run-down old shops and a lot of medical facilities such as Medical Centres, Physios, Dentists.

Besides location, is there much going for it? I can't seem to see any development in the pipeline in both Canterbury and Georges River council (which Kingsgrove is part of both).

Rental yields are relatively poor as well for what you pay. Though I am looking for a place to call home.

Should I give Kingsgrove a miss and look elsewhere?

Cheers

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Only you can decide where you want to live. If you like the area, go for it. If not, move on.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Industrial CIP is the first thing that I think of when looking at Kingsgrove especially around Vanessa St. I used to play indoor cricket there years ago.

That's about the only reason that I travel there.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I used to roller skate in Garema Circuit, so that's what I think of as well, however the OP said he's looking for a place to call home.

5. Sharkish

Sharkish Member

I should say, it will be maybe a first home for atleast 5 years.

After that, it maybe sold or put up for rent.

So putting on my investment cap, the follow up Question is, would Kingsgrove be a good area for investment?

Capital growth seems to be the main growth factor here. But without much re-development, I wonder if it’s more a place to settle, than invest.

EDIT; I’m not familiar with the general area, from out of town.

Last edited: 22nd Jan, 2022
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with it either, but it looks like you've answered your question.

7. Nathan23

Nathan23 Member

Kingsgrove like alot of Sydney has had 30% + growth over the last 12 months. It is a nice leafy family orientated suburb with good access to Train station and M5. Best areas is south of the train station in quiet street close to schools. Express train to city is around 30 mins.

its also out of the flight path of the Sydney airport.

If I was looking in the area I’d look more around Kogarah or Bexley. You may pick up a house for around 1.6+ - 1.8 Walking distance to the stations. 3 bedders getting anywhere from 750+ per week rent for a entry level house.

if you are investing I’d look outside of the area or wait for a while until better stock comes onto the market.

cheers

Nathan

8. igor1234

igor1234 Well-Known Member

bexley north/bexley would be bit better as u would be closer to shopping centres and the "beach" but overall its a normal suburb south west. just avoid the busy streets - they really noisy