NSW Opinion on this property (Carlingford)

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Prop_invest, 24th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

@Prop_invest

Did you managed to find property in your preferred area mate?

2. Prop_invest

Prop_invest Well-Known Member

Not yet

How come?

3. Never giveup

We are still looking

4. Mel_C

Mel_C Well-Known Member

I recently moved from Telopea. I worked in Westmead and needed good access to Parramatta. I would keep eyes peeled for properties near the new light rail that will be going through Telopea / Dundas. Telopea/Dundas has the stigma due to social housing but I lived on a beautiful street in Telopea with lovely houses in the Carlingford West School Catchment. I would also think that North Parramatta could be good option as well. Winston Hills also has the TWAY bus that gets you to Westmead/Parramatta fast. But there could be some bargins to be found in Dundas/Telopea moving forward.

5. Never giveup

6. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Sold for $1.36 Million. That's approximately the median price of 4 bedders for the suburb....

Never giveup likes this.
  7. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Just because someone asks that price doesn't mean you have to offer it. Why not try to put in an offer what you can afford and be genuine about it with the agent?
    Sometimes if you don't try you don't know...?

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

@Never giveup - My parents live in that pocket of Carlingford but closer to Carmen drive/M2 bus stop.

If the property you linked was 1.36mill then i'd say that property sold for near peak price. We could say at "stupid peak" it could have been 1.5-1.6mill but if was I the vendor or agent I wouldn't be unhappy with selling it at 1.36mill. It's a very solid price. If it was closer to the M2 bus stop then it would be more handy transport wise. Where it is, it's close to the North Rocks shops (there's a pedestrian pathway you can use) but imo most people find public transport more important than having easy shopping centre access.

Murray Farm School is close by... In historical times, (note, could be a very long time back) a fairly high proportion of kids going to this school would get offer letters for James Ruse and/or other selective schools. Not sure about more recent times though.

Btw, talking about public schools in Carlingford. I also think Carlingford West Public school (which is behind Cumberland High) is a good school too. But that's off historical beliefs too.

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2019
    Never giveup likes this.
  9. Never giveup

Great info @Gockie , aparently this prop was shown on 7 news as most viewed 1 day before the auction (we didn't know) and 20 registered bidders. I huess for long term it may reach 1.6m