Online Biz Poll

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by LifesGood, 13th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Do you run an online business?

1. Yes - Fulltime earning less than $100k pa

2. Yes - Fulltime earning more than $100k pa

3. Yes - but only as a side gig

4. No - but watch this space!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Interested to see how many PCers run an online business, or have a desire to do so.

I don't, but really want to learn more and head in that direction one day.

2. bashworth

bashworth Well-Known Member

I have a blog called anewhouse.com.au which I started to give my brain some exercise when I de-stressed my life.

Always been interested in houses (Have built 3 new houses as well as lot of renovations)

Started for my own amusement without any idea how I would make any money but it has developed to turnover around $7-8,000/year.

Not going to make me rich but not bad for a few hours a week. . . . I suppose I could chase more business, but then it might take up too much of my time.

The downside is I rarely get the opportunity to meet my Viewers/Customers.

tommo c and LifesGood like this.
  3. LifesGood

That's really great @bashworth, I'll check it out! It's nice to be able to derive some pocket money from something you really enjoy doing.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Had an online store years ago selling digital tv boxes and PVR's. Went well, but ultimately new entrants came who were running from a bedroom/garage with no overheads and undercut and undercut on a race to see who could make the least amount of money, so I closed it down as I was not interested in making $10 a unit.

158 and LifesGood like this.
  5. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi DaveM

So did I, similar story to me however I eventually opened up 2 outlets and then sold off the businesses as I predicted the spiral to $10 profit per unit was coming very quickly.

Regards,

alicudi

6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

What would be the definition of "Online Business", as most physical businesses would be online these days.

Is it that product and service transactions are processed purely online and there is no physical outlet?
    Or, the majority of business is generated and processed online and some transactions are processed at a business premises?

7. LifesGood

I suppose "the majority of business is generated and processed online and some transactions are processed at a business premises" is the best way to describe it Ace.

A business that relies solely/heavily on selling or providing services online via website, Amazon, social media etc.

8. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

My biz is most definitely an online business, based on that description - funny, I never thought of it that way before!

LifesGood likes this.
  9. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]