Offfer and acceptance form WA Non-Reiwa

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Ennis, 15th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ennis

Ennis Member

Could anyone point me to a place where I may download a current O & A (Non Reiwa) form for the purchase of a house.

I have exhausted myself searching the forums - to no avail.

Regards Ennis

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

3. Ennis

Ennis Member

Sorry I should have mentioned - for Western Australia

4. Ennis

Ennis Member

Tried fair trading Scott, not lucky there either - Thanks for your input.

Searched using google - two days no results - Hence why I joined today. This site is great in so many ways...

5. Scott No Mates

6. Ennis

Ennis Member

Not sure why you are implying my offer is "So Special", unless you feel the need to belittle me for some reason?

I am buying a house, that is for sale "privately" - REIWA is a private company, we would prefer not to involve REIWA. If this is an agents forum, then I apologise - I am in the wrong place.

Regards Ennis

7. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I will get you one this arvo when I am in the office. Are you ok with the reiwa one?

8. Ennis

Ennis Member

Hi Ross, the REIWA one is fine, as long as there is no legal reason why I cannot use a "proprietary" form? - just saying that because I genuinely do not know.

I am buying a house in the bush under $30,000 - we are trying to avoid costs, that's all.

9. Scott No Mates

You generally would use the standard form unless there is specific reason not to - like avoiding specific warranties etc which you may not want to include. Drafting a completely new offer document may not be a cheap exercise hence the question.

This form should be available through your solicitor as it is an agreed form between REIWA & the Law Society of WA.

The cost of the form is negligble.

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I would still use the REIWA form which is available for purchase even when selling/buying privately and there are no agents involved.
    The form is available to purchase from REIWA and I think costs about $10-20 from recollection.
    This would be the cheapest option as there isn't a standard non Reiwa form. The only other way is to get a lawyer to write up a contract and that will cost you $$$$

My one piece of advice is do consult a lawyer who does conveyancing before going down this route and get them to assist with filling out the form so that you are protected. I use MDH Legal for all my conveyancing.

charttv likes this.
  11. Ennis

Ennis Member

Thank you for your advice...

12. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

Sorry got sidetracked - have not forgotten you

13. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

There are 2 versions of the REIWA form. One is for members and one is for non-members. They are the same. You can buy one for non-members from a newsagency. They are cheap. ~$1.50 from memory.

For reference, this is what you are looking for at the newsagency. I am linking to an old version so you won't be able to use it. The point of the link is so you can see the wording "for use by non-members of reiwa"

https://sellmypropertynow.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/WesternAUOAForm.pdf

Last edited: 15th Feb, 2019
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

you are looking for the 2018 version

15. RE88

RE88 Well-Known Member

Hi, Can you please kindly share how i can get most up to date non reiwa contract form? For a fee is fine. Thank you

16. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Pretty sure they are still available from REIWA for non members, you'll need to contact them Contact us

17. RE88

RE88 Well-Known Member

Got it now thank yoy

18. jaydee

jaydee Well-Known Member

Actually bought one for a strata property that I am planning to sell myself in the next month or so.

Online from REIWA the cost is $40 for a strata property or $25 for non-strata.

REIWA only now sell them via their online shop. You have to input the property address before purchasing and then the pdf documentation is sent to your email address for downloading.

The documents preload the property address and have watermark (address) so technically you would need to buy another set for a different property.