QLD Nundah QLD properties

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Noriko22, 17th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Noriko22

Noriko22 Member

Hello everyone,

I wanted to find out the flooding risk of buying property in Nundah. I have gone to the BCC interactive map and my search came back with Nundah being high risk of flooding however when I go to the Floodwide property report, the result is saying that the property has no flood level or flags for building and development. Furthermore, there was no flooding at all during the 2011 disaster flood.

Would love to have your input as to whether it is prone to flooding especially around the station and/or Sandgate road.

Thank you.

2. pugstar205

pugstar205 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I live nearby. Parts of Nundah do flood - avoid the pocket near Toombul shopping centre - Widdop Street and Wongara Street (Nundah/Clayfield border). I've seen some streets near the creek on Melton Road with water over them as well. It's generally a safe suburb but over land flow or blocked storm drains could catch you out.
    This article refers to Nundah and Northgate being badly affected by a recent storm. Brisbane: Severe storms and flash flooding cause chaos - News.com.au

733 likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Specifically get your solicitor to do the searches etc and you should be fine .

A caveat is that no flood zone doesn't mean good drainage.

I have seen places that aren't in a flood zone but can become a mud pit for weeks after rain

Ta

Rolf

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Similarly, some parts of Brisbane seem to cop more storm damage than others, due to geography I guess. For example you could be high on a ridge and flood free somewhere like The Gap which experienced terrible storms a few years back.

5. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

This is the third Nundah thread on the same page.
    Hotspot!

6. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Nundah is pretty cool now. It's changed a lot and 85% for the better. It's pretty busy with cafes and bars.
    A house or a thouse there will go well I reckon