QLD Nundah. A

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whitecat, 8th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chode

Chode Active Member

Yeah sorry I should have clarified I meant via public transport. My personal experiences were also outside of peak hour as well. Citycat from Tenerife probably runs a lot more frequently during peak.

2. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I couldn't see that on 'onthehouse'.. That's crazy.

My post was tongue in cheek to Sash's post.. no way have older unit prices doubled in the past 5 years in Nundah. I'd say 10% max.. unless you bought way under value.

3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

coincidentally I was looking around Nundah in 2010 and all I could afford was a 2 bedroom unit. I was actually going to live in it. the reason I pulled out was all of the ones that I could afford which were in the low 300s (was as low as they really were for a 2 bedroom unit) tended to be quite dark and I was looking in winter time yes even in Brisbane it's nice to have some sun. You needed to have about 350k to get something nice so I sort of left it.
    However if someone had bought a house in 2010 they would have seen some good gains it is really a nice little precinct. has everything convenient as well as being trendy

RM1827, HUGH72 and vbplease like this.
  4. vbplease

I found the same thing in Stones Corner.. There are a lot of similarities with Nundah. I bought in 2011 (2bed 2bath for $308k) and bought slightly undervalue so it may be worth $350k at a stretch..
    Really, older units have flat lined in these areas for more than 5years, meanwhile house prices have had massive gains.. to make it worse the entry level price for a house wasn’t that much more, say $450k.

Prices for older units will continue to flatline in the short, medium, and long term imo.

Whitecat and HUGH72 like this.
  5. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

I hope not since I have an old unit there... I just see a lot of potencial for that area

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lytton/Wynnum Rd gets pretty busy, I wouldn't be able to handle it in peak hour. The bridge is frequently a car park.
    Would be quicker to swim.

7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Flatlining is better than drop which is what the new ones are going to do - signifacantly. Reports are they are cheap and tacky

RM1827 likes this.
  8. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

. El..

9. RM1827

RM1827 Well-Known Member

Being honest, no one really want flat lining. I think for the amount of work that is coming to that area, location and gentrification I think is going to perform well long term. Supply is coming but demand is strong and I think will increase. Of course I might be wrong and I am probably biased towards but those are my thoughts. As with any investment only time will tell.

Good luck everyone

10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I bought 2 in 2014 in Annerley and Morooka so too early to tell. Both 2 bedrooms

Bought them for 263k and 265k respectively....now worth around 325-335 each.

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah...if it is public transport can see that...Brissie is really chockers these days also.

12. vbplease

thats a nice gain. I'm assuming you built a 25sqm extension to the Annerley one to get to a standard 2bed size? ;)

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nope as is.....it has courtyard ...even though it is not on title. It was already 56sqm. But you are right...the second bedroom is only 2.4 by 2.8sqm. Courtyard makes a difference. Only issue is rent is stubbornly stuck at $305pw. Needs a reno.

The increase is ok. The good news is new 1 bedders are asking 380k plus...

14. Noriko22

Noriko22 Member

Hi All, wanting to find out if Sandagate Road at Nundah is prone to flooding? I am thinking of buying a unit there. Nundah looks like a great suburb with the village and station nearby. Thank you.

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Hey Noriko, you can check at:
    Understand your flood risk | Brisbane City Council

16. P Roperty

P Roperty Member

What does everyone think of Northgate? One suburb up from Nundah, has it's own train station (15mins to the CBD), seems quieter, leafier and less development than Nundah. Thoughts?