Nth East NSW Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by trailtrekker, 10th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. trailtrekker

trailtrekker Member

Hi Everybody

Although I joined this site a few months back, I've had a busy time of it lately and haven't been able to visit as much or start posting ... until now.

I'm 40s (how did I get there so fast?!), married mum with three children.

Originally from Sydney, I now live in north eastern NSW (paradise!) and love it.

My husband and I have owned investment properties in the past (Newcastle, Brisbane and Byron Bay) but sold them when we started our family and the finances took a hit (I left work for 10 years when the kids were little). Through the money we made on these investments we've been able to live pretty comfortably with a relatively smaller mortgage on our dream family home.

I currently work part time in a shop (easy, stress free, flexible and great boss/workmates) and my husband is the main bread winner (with not so easy, stress free or flexible job - his boss and workmates are great though, too, ha ha).

Although we have no immediate plans to buy another investment property, I have always enjoyed keeping an eye on the market and would love to purchase again in the future, finances permitting.

Thanks for providing some interesting topics to help me fulfil my interest in all things real estate.

* 'trailtrekker' is because I love bushwalking.

Regards

TT

:)

Gockie likes this.
  2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Welcome onboard TT!

trailtrekker likes this.
  3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Another walker - great!

What has been your favourite trek?

4. trailtrekker

trailtrekker Member

Hi Wombat

At the moment I really enjoy the walking tracks around O'Reilly's in the Gold Coast Hinterland. They're great to do with the kids. I'm planning on tackling Mt Warning near Murwillumbah soon - might have to wait for the weather to cool down first though.

Many years ago I did some lovely walks around the Rocky Mountains in Canada and would love to go back there again one day. I'd also love to do a walking tour around Milford Sound in NZ. One day ...