NSW/VIC Regionals < $150k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by B-Mac, 30th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tommo c

tommo c Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that there is a lot of supply 'in Albury' but the amount of amount of undeveloped land in the surrounding 5-10kms is honestly, massive.

There is a lot of land in areas of Wodonga like the Whitebox Rise and Castle Creek areas, plus then there are new allotments of land in East and West Albury, and then Thurgoona. If you look a little further then, you've got Baranduda (approx. 5-10kms from Wodonga) the space between Baranduda and Wodonga is all pretty much yet to be developed. Then north of the border between Thurgoona and Table top is all farm land, and yet to be developed.

Give it 5-10yrs, people will want to buy new houses and this land will be sold off to the highest bidder.

That being said, I think there are great yields in areas, particularly Whitebox Rise, Wodonga.. An average build on an average block of land, totals around $300,000. Comparable sales are coming in around $360,000 and all renting for $360-$380p/w.

Scott No Mates and ellejay like this.
  2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Thanks for your view. Should chat with that realestate agent again.

tommo c likes this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.