NSW can you smell the freedom??

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Sackie, 10th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

If/when they do, I am sure GSK shareholders will be very happy :D

The Y-man

2. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

Well the two peabrains who decided to lie to the NT and WA Govt's and come to Perth for the Grand Final will not be smelling any freedom.

The first one has been sentenced today to 10 months jail, with 7 months suspended. So it will be Christmas in jail for that little stunt.

They didn't just tell a white lie - they actually went to the effort of forging documents:

The court was told that Babbage’s name appeared on an NT vehicle registration document and ANZ bank statement with an NT address, both of which are said to be forgeries. An NT residency agreement, with both names on, was also used.

Lucky their team won I guess.

marty998, inertia, Lizzie and 2 others like this.
  3. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

I have to hand it to their defence team attempting to argue it was a "spur of the moment" decision on their part.

Arrange to fly from Victoria to Darwin on a whim, spend eight days there falsifying documents then flying into WA three days before the grand final.

He he.

marty998 likes this.
  4. SatayKing

It just keeps on getting better. They have been summonsed to appear before the NT Court on a number of charges including forged documents.

Lizzie likes this.
  5. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I am sure what you call insanity some other people may think it's privilege to move around those suburbs?

Sackie likes this.
  6. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - I sniffed my freedom, selectively choosing a very few venues that wouldn't be busy for some long awaited chores (buying a bed base from a warehouse) ... and missed a close contact exposure by a mere 27 minutes.

Fortunately I was earlier, so not chance of catching something but does bring it home about how easy it is to cross paths

Stoffo, The Y-man and wylie like this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Its all relative :oops:

8. GoldDaze

GoldDaze Well-Known Member

Yep & when U live in Vaucluse- re "relative" I have to say the more relatives u have on NY's eve & Boxing day- feeding & watering them & listening to them complaining about the Traffic on the way to get here.

Phar Lap likes this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Usually we just have a blast at my parents place watching the fireworks from their garden while downing the grog. We actually get there hours earlier for a swim/picnic/chat so we avoid all the traffic. Its the family friends who have to walk there who usually arrive sweaty and in need of a cold one :D

One NYE we were invited to Frank Lowy's place which was a blast. Parents are good family friends. We walked there which was quite the schlep but worth it.

10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I did my first aerial sling class on Tuesday night since the lockdown. 3.5 months of no aerial. Now I’m finding my right arm is so sore, I have troubles straightening my arm….

11. Millie

Millie Well-Known Member

And more ...

Border-busting Melbourne supporter Mark Babbage’s future as a financial adviser is under threat as the Federal watchdog examines his convictions for lying his way to last month’s AFL grand final.

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission confirmed today it was looking at Babbage, 39, under sweeping powers to ban licensed advisers over misconduct.

12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Sackie has no issues bending an elbow :oops:

Sackie and geoffw like this.
  13. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Nor twisting an arm.

Sackie and Scott No Mates like this.
  14. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Same, be it briefly :rolleyes:

Didn't want to go home today, so went the Westfield Miranda, got a hair cut (checked in but no vaccination check:confused:)

Then went to phone joint to get a new screen protector fitted (didn't check anything), left my phone to be repaired and wandered off o_O

While waiting for phone repair, I bought takeaway food (no check in, didn't ask, no vaccination check, ZIP)...... :oops:

Got my phone back and got the hell outa there !!!:p

If it doesn't all turn to poo I will be surprised :eek:
    Feeling for tbe regionals, it only takes one selfish A hole to ruin it for many :(

marty998, Shazz@, The Y-man and 2 others like this.
  15. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Well I’ve been pretty productive. Went to the shops… (yep, anyone can walk in, no checking of anything), it wasn’t that great to be honest. They haven’t hired staff, and no new stock. Basically they are just selling off old winter stuff and are waiting for new stock to be delivered.
    Went to Harvey Norman and good guys- security guard out the front checking vaccinations etc.
    Went to a few pubs and RSLs for meals- they are checking vaccinations there.
    Can’t get a haircut, 3 months wait for me.
    Was able to get a mani/pedicure- had to go really early though.
    I’ve done the rounds with family and friends- still wearing a mask except when eating.
    Going to the races this Saturday. Can’t wait!

The Y-man and Stoffo like this.
  16. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Same with almost everywhere I went (or walked past) :rolleyes:

So many people still incapable of wearing a mask properly, even after months of practice :eek:

Many walking into the shopping centre/shops without checking in :(

Had a laugh though, walked past Lush (the lovely smelling shop) who had a barricade with signage "the queue starts here" and a burly security gaurd checking everything o_O
    Good on them, really, it stood out that they were taking it seriously and doing the right thing (like their no animal testing/natural/responsibly sourced products) :cool:

Shazz@ likes this.
  17. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

The NSW Govt ( Paul Toole ) has Now paused allowing fully vaccinated Sydney residents from going out to the regions till November 1st. Interesting decision.

Last edited: 15th Oct, 2021
    Simon Hampel and Lizzie like this.
  18. SatayKing

It is becoming comical.

The Premier of NSW restricts Greater Sydney residents (an area with relatively high vaccination rates) from travelling to regions where vaccination rates are not as high.

At the same time, NSW has removed the ACT (with high vaccination rates) as an area of concern and wants the ACT to permit ACT residents to be allowed essentially unrestricted travel in those regions with relatively low vaccination rates.

Um, er, yeah, right. I understand.

marty998 and Serveman like this.
  19. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Vaccination checks for haircuts and takeaways ? That's insanity.

Observer and Serveman like this.
  20. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The great unwashed and unshaven will stay that way until December.

One of those balancing acts - <50 cases/day in the ACT vs 400ish from greater Sydney.

Lizzie likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia