NSW added more jobs than rest of Australia combined

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Waterboy, 29th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

NSW added more jobs than the rest of the nation combined

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-adds-...n-combined-20150816-gj088g.html#ixzz3k1ERfckd

NSW has added almost 25 per cent more jobs than the rest of the nation combined in the past six months, underscoring its status as Australia's top-performing state economy.

Employment in NSW has grown by 85,600 since January while all the other states and territories together have added just 68,900 in that period, Bureau of Statistics employment trend figures show.

Tekoz and Esh like this.
  2. Waterboy

[​IMG]

Tekoz and Coota9 like this.
  3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Brokers and real estate agents?
    Anyway, it's good news.

4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Bit surprised qld just ahead of Vic. I'd suspect the low dollar is resulting in more tourism jobs in qld.

WattleIdo likes this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Qld has a lot of making up to do. Will give NSW a run for its money within 12 months I reckon. Dollar is looking good for Qld. :)

6. Waterboy

And for NSW.

Sydney alone contributes to the GDP more than 3 times as the entire Australian mining industry.

And it's not just real estate that's booming. It's the business capital of Australia, with technology and high-end manufacturing doing well. http://www.smh.com.au/national/sydn...ital-crown-from-melbourne-20140207-327c3.html

When international tourists go to Australia, they think of Sydney and go there first.

NSW has a lot of major infrastructure projects in the pipeline, while Qld's LNG projects are coming to an end.

The good thing about NSW is that it has a more diverse and more creative economy -- unlike the other states who are reliant on digging basic raw dirt from the ground or manufacturing tax-subsidised stuff like cars and submarines.

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

100% true.

When we lived in the USA, and folks found out we were Aussies; those who had been to Aus were almost always visitors to Sydney, then to Cairns/Great Barrier Reef...very, very few went anywhere else.

Also; many Yanks seemed to know where New Zealand was on the globe, but not Australia.

8. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

FML.....

It's pretty small Austria, easy to miss.

JDP1 likes this.
  9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

LOL! Yep; that was the other comment we got quite frequently; "I didn't know they speak English in Austria" :rolleyes:o_O

10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yep
    That's Americans :)

11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

This is very true.
    Although Melbourne and Brisbane have made some gains.

12. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I meet Americans that said they travelled all around Australia and that it is a very beautiful country with lush green forests, they travelled all the way from Sydney to Melbourne. When I told some in a bar I was from Australia they said well " that must be in the deep South " because of my accent, as they poured Russian Vodka done the drain to disrupt the Russian economy because of something Russia had done !! ? Just noticed spell check wont let me spell Americans without a capital A lol.

13. timetoact

timetoact Well-Known Member

According to ABS, NSW wages have increased by 11% since May 2012.
    I wasn't able to find stats for Sydney but would imagine that the rest of NSW was lower than this meaning Sydney wage growth would be considerably higher. Given Sydney prices are only now returning to long term trend in relation to other capital cities and solid wage growth, maybe this property spurt will continue, albeit a bit slower, for a little while yet?

Tekoz likes this.