NRAS Incentive 2015/6

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Therese La Brooy, 21st Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Therese La Brooy

Therese La Brooy New Member

Hi all,
    I am another investor burnt by Ashley. As not wanting to associate with Ethan/Tabter I changed property manager.
    After receiving email from Ethan that we can recover payment from Tebter, I contacted Tebter and to have Terry Foster called and advised that he can help me with the payment so long as I return the property management to Tebter.
    Did any one of you have the same problem or those of you who got the payment are you still with Tebter. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

2. mami

mami Active Member

Hi I also got a same issue and got a mail from Tebter, Terry Foster. In this chat, I saw some said that Terry got the money back. But I had bad experience with Tebter so I didn’t get back to Tebter.

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia

Ive written extensively on what people need to do... I can tell you that Questus has now assumed all Ethan and Quantum incentives , so contact them as a first step. Some people have been successful in getting money back. Other have not.

Former Ethan NRAS Investors Information - Questus

Last edited: 4th Oct, 2019
    Archaon likes this.
  5. mami

mami Active Member

I changed to Questus. But they can’t take care of 2015-2016 incentive and I registered as a creditor but as per the liquidator report, Ethan does not have money so not sure we can get the money back.
    I contacted DSS,ATO to provide me the RTOC but they said only approved participants can get the RTOC.
    Now one of QLD accountants said that they can get the incentive back.
    I am bit confused why the accountant can get the incentive back. Only approved participants can access to RTOC though. Not sure I can believe the accountant or not. Let me know if you have any idea.

6. Xxx

Xxx New Member

Terry Foster asked me to stay with their property management which is called HERS of NAHC, and a lady named Skye take over my case. And I finally found that I am turning to another garbage....I am moving away.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Unless the certificate has been issued there is no tax credit to claim. We have a strict policy of only including a NRAS offset where we have the certifcate/s and we quote the Identification code to assist ATO validation. I cant find it now but recall a ATO request to use this approach to speed up return processing several years ago. A NRAS offset is a manual exception that causes the return to be checked for entitlements. Making the ATO process easier helps. If an accountant includes the offset without the certificate it would be a reckless act by the taxpayer and the tax agent. (I can tell you what it should have been ! Doesnt mean its right)

The present NRAS manager would be able to check with Dept of Inhuman Services for past certificates and forward it. Several of the failed providers were refused DHS annual approval and the state incentive and offset were never given due to non-compliance being evident. And some were paid the state amount and it was never forwarded - a liquidation issue. Depending on the liquidation it may even give rise to a CGT loss when the liquidator declares nothing will be paid. The right to NRAS state incentives is likely a CGT asset BUT the Commonwealth amount isnt as its a tax offset not a CGT right. The delays in the Commonwealth certs tend to mean then no offset was later given and they wont have a certificate.

8. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Or unsocial services