Nowra, NSW - differences in the various parts

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by lucky00083, 28th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lucky00083

lucky00083 New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie on here and this is my first post.
    I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with Nowra as a suburb for purchasing an investment property? I would really appreciate if someone could give me a brief run-down on the liveability on the various parts of the area and possible places to avoid buying an investment property in.

Thanks in advance!
    Pete

BuyersAgent likes this.
  2. Alpacas

Alpacas Member

Stay away from east Nowra- crime hotspot. Also school zone for east Nowra and Worrigee = east Nowra. Although there’s always private school.

bomaderry starting to pick up with new Woolworths due to open in August. Train station that goes into Sydney. Mind you there are definitely some rough spots (Leonard st,
    Sampson crescent).

locals seem to like camberwarra. Although not sure you will get the yields you are after. Probably more of a PPOR than IP.

3. lost nomad

lost nomad Well-Known Member

Welcome to Property Chat Pete.

I concur with @Alpacas. Do you have a budget in mind - that is always the deciding factor.

If you use the search feature on the top right of the page to type in Nowra or Shoalhaven, you'll find some gold from forum members, particularly @BuyersAgent

Is there a particular reason Nowra is on your radar?

4. lucky00083

lucky00083 New Member

Thanks for the tips!
    Our maximum is 500k. We holiday down at Jervis Bay each year and thought Nowra would make a good investment for the long-term, possibly serving as a retirement residence down the track as it's relatively well serviced. @lost nomad if you have any tips for alternative spots, please feel free to share them with me :)
    Thanks again!

5. Thai1972

Thai1972 New Member

Hey Pete ,

We have just bought a IP in Nowra using @BuyersAgent services and could not be happier the property is in a great location close to central Nowra in which we paid 450k, it’s an older 3 bedroom property on a good 800m2 block that has room for a battle axe in the future , the price was negotiated to lower than what we expected and with his help everything is flowing well towards settlement . Believe me you wouldn’t go wrong with @BuyersAgent helping you buy a property, the money you pay for his fee is more than justified.

6. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Howdy @lucky00083 welcome to the forum. As suggested there is loads of good historical info here on the forum via search of old threads. There are wildly different areas in Nowra/surrounds so for sure do lots of research at a street by street level. In general, the princes highway road widening projects, bridge rebuild, hospital expansion and new shops make me (and many locals) very bullish on Nowra over the next the 3-5 yrs)

Thanks @Thai1972 for your kind words! Your focus on a property type specifically in line with your goals and willingness to move on the right property meant you nabbed a good one - so well done!

If the OP can afford a better part of town (such as your purchase) they won't regret it but of course, everyone has a budget, so we work to that. There are still a few acceptable sub $400k deals around (not many) if you can't stretch any further but of course having an extra 100-200k gives you access to a much better range of quality housing on bigger blocks in better streets.