Not sure where to start.

Discussion in 'Development' started by Throwaway21532, 21st Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Throwaway21532

Throwaway21532 Member

I'd appreciate if someone was able to steer me in the right direction.

I have a property currently with a run down premises ready for demolition. It is on a R2 zone block within Parramatta City Council. 1095m2 size with 24.5m frontage.

I am unsure if I would build a duplex or just regular house. Where would I be able to find costs? Should I go with a big name builder or someone else? Where do I find these builders? Should I consider prefab like modscape?

I just really don't know what I should be doing.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

That sounds like it's gold. I'd suggest engaging a private town planner who has a lot of experience with properties in Parramatta council.

I'd suggest it's very possible you could build more than a duplex.

Archaon and wylie like this.
  3. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

as Gockie says ,its totally worth hiring someone-paying to know the best use for yr land from someone who is experienced in Parra !
    Well done by the way -you have a potentially lucrative deal there!

Archaon likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

And then cost out a few alternatives. Keep or sell ?
    The other option is to sell without building but with approved DA. It can be faster, use no cash and still produce the bulk of profits as there often isnt a lot of profit in small build and sell.Often the value is in the land, not always.

Important to seek tax advice on the options too as ALL options come with tax consequences such as income tax & GST. If you can save $1 of GST its adds to profit.

Perthguy likes this.