Not paying fair proportion to body corp

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by aussieB, 16th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Are unit sizes the only way entitlements are calculated ?

Building insurance and common area maintenance are the only services being provided by the BC.
    No pool, no elevators. In a lot of 5 owner occupied units (townhouses/detached) where three are of the same size and two are slightly bigger (entitlements : 119, 121 and 123), is it fare to expect the biggest unit owner to pay the biggest share even though there is special service rendered to the unit ?

We are currently paying a little more than everyone and when we asked the BC to be fair they said entitlement calculation cannot be changed. Changes if at all will take affect only after the annual meeting next year given all unit owners agree. Now, I don't think anyone will agree to pay more than what they are paying and I will be told to suck it up, I am wondering what options I have ?

2. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Unless you can attain the agreement from the other lot owners it is basically a suck it up princess moment.

aussieB likes this.
  3. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

It may require a new strata survey plan, DA for new subdivision, BCA compliance upgrade.

Noone wants to pay more so the only one benefitting is you.