NSW Norwest Metro Extension

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whoot, 10th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Whoot

Whoot Member

With Badgerys Creek now officially official, I wonder what the power that be are considering for the NW Metro extension.

I reckon it will very much play out be down to St Marys via Schofields as I think Marsden Park won't have as much an impact given that the metro already will link up at Bella Vista for transporting commuters.

Also, Schofields has the WSU campus there, which will mean the metro can potentially link up a future education hub, an existing one at Macquarie, and numerous employment hubs; the airport, Bella Vista, Macquarie, North Sydney, and the CBD. All in all, WSU seem very well placed to benefit greatly from this with the positioning of their existing campuses.

Hopefully we start to see some traction around this in a decade or so?

What does everyone else think?

Now, the proposed M12 around the airport is another thread topic altogether; why only two lanes each way? It's gonna clog up on day 1 for sure.

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

They will announce an extention of M12 in the next budget. Gota leave something for next year...

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Metro - 2027-2030 timeframe for an opening ( at the earliest ). Lot's still to happen, although significant geo survey / study work has been undertaken I believe.

Would this be a railway line down the centre of a motorway like they have in Perth?

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice