QLD North Brisbane - middle ring growing fast.

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Codie, 20th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Loving the confidence @YoungBull, perspective is a powerful thing!

YoungBull likes this.
  2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Because there's no uni yet

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Any progress on the uni anyone on the ground is it still looking to open early 2020

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Good idea renovating bathroom and kitchen. It will jump up valuation quickly. Make Sure no overcapitalisation. I did in a neighbouring suburb. It cost me about 20k for bathroom, 2 years ago. Little high end but happy with the final product. Substantially put my hours. If you wanna buy few cheap quality items, PM me. I managed the tradesmen, they are quite expensive so not worth to recommend. See old and new photos.

Attached Files:

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Wow what a great result for $20k!

6. Whitecat

It's going to be very small at first. Will take a long time to get established withw bigger numbersnum what Ive heard from inside sources

7. Mark Smith

Mark Smith Member

Nice, I'm on Sizer Street. Probably 300m up the road from the new development.

Haha I'm sure if you bring some water with you that you will survive :p

Propagate likes this.
  8. Ronald86

Ronald86 Well-Known Member

i am not on the ground, but did see this article posted a couple of days ago.. posted in the Petrie University thread.. Still looking to open in 2020!

USC celebrates milestone for Moreton Bay campus

9. R377

R377 Well-Known Member

I have one in Arana Hills. There is a good and bad area of Kepperra. Arana Hills is good, i wanted mitchelton but the house i put an offer in had flood damage. I went the next best thing - going Arana Hills, stay south of Patricks Rd so not far from train station

YoungBull likes this.
  10. Whitecat

11. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

12. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

I did visit my IP's last week on my christmas trip. Bloody hot day couldn't spend too much time outdoors.

Mitchelton looks promising, parents really loved this area. Ferny grove as usual quiet and leafy, my child liked. Wife likes Jamboree heights IP. Overall I'm happy that I have chosen the right areas for LT investment.

Interesting thing south west centenary suburbs, mt ommanney shopping centre full, no car parking spaces but jindalee looks good. Went nearby DFO again lots of people enjoying lunch\shopping. Visited stafford, stafford heights, stones corner, coorparoo, annerley, moorooka, salisbury, CBD, Gabba, driving everywhere covering acacia ridge, south maclean, logan areas etc.

Overall brisbane looks promising in 2019 but avoid apartments for next 2 years, go for houses in the middle ring say 8-15Km doesn't matter north or south but slight edge for "North" & "West", good luck.

13. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

o_O actually a relatively mild xmas I thought! one of the downsides of QLD is if to you dislike the heat.. its very constant for 6 months of the year, and we very rarely have a "cool change". A "cool change" if it comes is 27 instead of 30

yep, one of the battleaxe in the area.. always go for a lot cheaper.

Last edited: 30th Dec, 2018
  14. Whitecat

Even so, it went for below median price for the suburb but with a huge dry block. Has its own driveway. Someone got a bargain.
    1 sold recently on Elison road for 375 that was also a ridiculous price even for a busy road.
    Meanwhile though I'm seeing lots and lots more houses in Geebung selling in the sixes.

15. R377

R377 Well-Known Member

I will be putting my Kedron property up for sale soon. 3BDR queenslander in "The Avenues" rented to good tenants @ $450 per week till April. If anyone is keen plz PM me. I couldn't see where to list it for sale on here ? $600+k

QldKoolies and Hillzy like this.
  16. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Look like following renovations should have burnt the fingers without any doubt near new Petrie uni. They gauged the buying price wrong hence in trouble.
    1) Bought 321, buying + selling cost-20k, Reno-30k. Holding cost another 10k.

Total cost 370k +10k. . Offers over 380k. I am sure it will be sold for 360-365 k. Listed September, 4 months ago and still no buyer?
    https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline

2) Bought 336k- buying+selling cost -20k, reno atleast -25k, Total cost-381k+ holding cost another 5-10k. So 10k out of pocket.

Sold 378k.

https://www.realestate.com.au/prope...ep-pdp|sold-pdp:property-history-cta#timeline

These are just few examples of waste of money and time near new development.

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

@Jana, those properties are a long way beyond middle ring Brisbane, and they are also overcapitalised. "Flipping" for a profit doesn't work in many markets across Australia where the margins are so close between an original condition home and a renovated one.

QldKoolies and Jana like this.
  18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Everton Park: old Masters property
    The local rag announces that the new tenants will include A Mart Furniture, Super Cheap and Best Friends Pet superstore. Other leases are still available

QldKoolies and Codie like this.
  19. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Thanks!

20. Paula Ospina

Paula Ospina Active Member

Hey Katie

It looks like its coming out of the ground now!! - This is an update from a couple days ago ;)

eletronic_exp0430, Katie and Ronald86 like this.