Sports & Fitness NHL 2015/16 Season

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by sauber, 26th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Just wanting to see if anyone follows the ice hockey here and if so who do you support
    I'm a Winnipeg jets fan, love to hear more from other memebers

2. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

@kamchatsky (just realised i found an old thread ) but anyway i follow the winnipeg jets (die hard fan) before that i was a thrashers fan but when they got moved to winnipeg i was sad but happy it was hard being that i was a avid thrashers fan from the start back in 1999 but as i read your post i realised yes , not really a blackhawks fan but yes a definite lightning fan, always loved them, even when they we starting out. how good was the 2004 stanley cup win!!!! omg 3-1 down in the series take it to game 7 and win! unbelieveable!!!! calgary would of been major ******!!!!!! they had it wrapped up!!!

3. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

@sauber: Winnipeg Jets is interesting: I liked the old Winnipeg Jets team in the 90s which was doing pretty good, with great Line 1 (Zhamnov, Selanne, Tkachuk). Somehow the franchise was sold and they moved to Phoenix. It must be hard for a small city
    like Winnipeg when a sporting team leaves the city, especially they didn't have any other team in major sporting leagues.

Now that they are back (different franchise) I do hope they do well over the coming years.

Blackhawks still doing very well and could win the Stanley again. Lightning is not too far behind.

But I am amazed by the longevity of Jaromir Jagr of Florida Panthers. He is turning 44 soon and is still an amazing force in NHL. Got voted in as Captain of Atlantic All-Star Team even though he has no interest in going there. He is breaking all sorts of records this year and they could get signed up for 2016-2017 season!

Too bad I don't watch NHL as there are no free to air broadcast. Foxtel is expensive even though right now there is a 3 month free offer.

4. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

@kamchatsky Get NHL game center live it's 100 a year and you get all 1048 games plus the playoffs and everything in between, best thing ever!

5. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

That 1st line of winnipegs of zhamnov, Selene and tkachuk was amazing!!!!! Those 3 blokes were insane to watch, after today's effort from Chicago losing to Carolina, must say though Eddie lacks move from Vancouver has helped Carolina, they have been **** for so long!!!! the way chicago were playing I don't think they were a real threat. If anyone I like Dallas at this stage. Jamie Benn is out of this world!!! Let alone Tyler sequin, those 2 blokes can turn a game upside down!!!! Then again Stanley cup is always a different story you can win it from any position as long as your in.

The Lightning won the cup from 8th in the east...who woulda thought...

6. Tattler

@sauber, Looking at it, it looks like $115USD per year, right? Or $19.95 per month for the rest of the season?

7. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

@kamchatsky correct. It's bloody brilliant I highly recommend it!!!!!

8. Tattler

@sauber, is it in HD? Can I Chromecast it to the TV for example? Or I have to watch it via say AppleTV, or on computer only? Still not sure whether to get it yet as I have Netflix which keeps me busy.

9. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

That's cheap - pretty sure I pay $300+ for nba league pass and about the same for nfl game pass

10. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

yeah its quite cheap, they have changed the way its streams now. well after the all star break they'll change it. im not too sure if ill like the changes. its already changed twice, now a 3rd time...

300???? NBA? whaa.....is NBA that big australia.....

11. Tattler

12. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Yeah i just that last night actually. the new NHL site is a dudd i think + its the 3rd time they have changed the name of the subscription service.

1. NHL Centre Ice
    2. NHL Game Centre
    3. NHL.TV

I think they gotta leave it alone.

Jets defiantly out of playoffs race now. i think we got pavelec in today v oilers. :(

13. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

Islanders fan here. We should hang on for the playoffs I think. Caps have been way too good in the division though.

I'm pretty new to the game, but I love it. Watch heaps on NHL.TV. My most prized sporting possession is a puck I caught at the last Isles game at the Coliseum against the Sabres last season.

sauber likes this.
  14. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

gday Hoffy,
    great to hear there is more NHL fans here! yeah NHL.TV is brilliant!!!!! i try to watch as many jets games as i can but our season was down quarter of the season through and losing andrew ladd has killed us even more!!!! yeah the isles they are having a good season, they'll make the playoffs for sure tavares is a star! you will go further than the rangers this year. but i'll tell you who will win the cup right now? Dallas. so strong!!!!!!

Getting a puck from a game you can't beat that!!!! i have a signed ilya kovalchuk puck from the then atlanta thrashers (before winnipeg jets) probably worth nothing LOL

Buffalo v NYI is always a good scrap to go to, always a good biff, but the toronto buffalo rivalry is brilliant!!!!!

15. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

We should be right for a wildcard, but tomorrow's game against the Caps will tell us where we are really at. I hope they don't blow us away like the Pens did on the weekend.

Some interesting rumours flying around about a return to Long Islandin a couple of years. I hope so. Barclays just doesn't feel right.

16. Hoffy

Hoffy Well-Known Member

Amazing Rnd 1 series for the Isles. 2 X 2OT victories with the final one being one of the most tense and exciting sporting events I've ever watched. John Tavares is simply incredible.

For the Isles it was the first time they've progressed past the first Rnd in 23 years and they will be feeling confident of tackling Tampa Bay.