NSW Newcastle 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by tomlemke, 26th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Aaron Duffie

Aaron Duffie Well-Known Member

Just to buy and hold by the way

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

If you have a bigger block what can you do with it in the future? Redevelop? Then you need to know if council allows you. If closer to town with smaller block I personally would go for something with character.

lightbulbmoment likes this.
  3. Aaron Duffie

4. Aaron Duffie

Thanks, only to buy and hold so no development considerations to worry about was wondering which option would have the better capital growth potential

5. FernTree

FernTree Member

6. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

it was only a matter of time. Its a good spot for apartments on brunker road although there will be traffic issues to address. hopefully with all these new ppl some new shops come in the main street and tidy it up a bit.

7. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Broadmeadow would be my pick. Try something that is built up as the suburb has a history of some serious flooding.

8. Aaron Duffie

Thanks heaps, I’ll check out the flooding areas I have been looking at one in Broadmeadow

9. FernTree

FernTree Member

I think Newcastle will change so much within the next 10 years. Investments / land within the City will only become more desirable & exclusive.

Being an ex Pom myself I have heard Newcastle being mentioned so much more in online immigration groups within the last few months as recent arrivals look outside of Sydney to settle down & with cashed up middle class Indians looking to take over from the Chinese within the coming years, Newcastle can only grow.

Newy is a great place, it just needs some time for infrastructure to catch up after years of neglect.

tomlemke and TylerJamesson like this.
  10. Whale_monkey

Whale_monkey Active Member

I really hope (but doubt) that council starts enforcing some sort of architectural integrity with all these apartment blocks. The new apartments almost complete in Llewellyn st merewether look like something out of soviet era Russia, many of the new apartments in the west end are the same. I’m all for progress but once these things are built they will be there for the next 100 years. At least the new Uni building is something to be proud of.

tomlemke likes this.
  11. lightbulbmoment

Developers are in it to make as much dollars as possible couldnt care less what they look like.

12. Whale_monkey

Yes that’s where it is council’s responsibility to enforce integrity... something they have failed dismally at compared to other cities.

13. lightbulbmoment

Where was council when they signed off on the interchange. Happy to spend thousands of dollars on plants and landscaping but never got around to taking down the permanent scaffolding structure which now stands there.

inertia and wilso8948 like this.
  14. lightbulbmoment

I hope this is not the case. I dont want indians, chinese coming here and having there own little suburbs like in melbourne and pricing everyone else out. Not sure why anyone would want that.

15. TylerJamesson

TylerJamesson Well-Known Member

Lightbulb

Sorry to be the one to break it to you - but the Chinese and Indians are already here.

I might be wrong but I believe that in 2018, Australians are free to live wherever they want regarding of race or ethnic origins. That includes Newcastle.

Most are quite hard working and if that means earning more than others and buying properties then so be it.

sumterrence and krispy like this.
  16. Whale_monkey

For anyone in the Merewether area (or even if you hate poker machines and what they do to society!), please get behind a petition currently running. Souths Leagues Club currently has an application in to extend their trading hours from Midnight to 2am, and remove a number of noise restrictions currently in place. The local community does not support this and believes it will have a negative impact. We've setup a petition here. Thanks!

inertia likes this.
  17. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I want more immigrants in Newcastle! Way too whitebread. Could do with more diversity.

Cheers,
    Inertia
    - I miss Yum Cha, but at least there are a couple of good dumpling places now.

TylerJamesson and krispy like this.
  18. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Also miss Yum Cha since I left Sydney, husband and I used to visit China Town most Sundays.Where are the good dumpling places? love to know.

Tried Wallsend Chinese, wont be going back ...

krispy likes this.
  19. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

2 dumpling places in Hamilton:
    Nan's Dumpling Time 5/79 Beaumont St (through the arcade next to Eurobar)
    Dumpling Story 53 Cleary St

And as much as I hate to admit it, there is a good dumpling place inside Westfield at Kotara in the food court. I hate shopping centres, but it is close to work so I don't have to drive there (parking there is horrific at the moment as they are renovating/extending the centre)

Excellent chinese in Hamilton too - Sinofood on Beaumont St.

Cheers,
    Inertia.

TylerJamesson and balwoges like this.
  20. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

Wow !! I do believe we have a lot of Indians and Chinese on this forum who would love to read that.

I love where I live due to the fact i have almost every nation and religion represented on my street. If I could move it close to the beach then that would be my perfect home.
    Wait till the Lebs start building in the Mall and bringing up all their tradies. Garlic chicken and manoush will be soon to follow. Then I might be ready to move back home.