newbie looking for advice

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maurizio1979, 31st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

isi better to buy cash flow positive for obvious cash flow reasons then buy capitol growth propertys

1. ???

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. ???

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. ???

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. ???

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. maurizio1979

maurizio1979 New Member

Hey...gday Ladies n Gentlemen just wondering if i could get pointed in the right forum for wealth building strategy's through property of course...Please
    I have a hunch I would like opinion/s on.. cheers

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Spend some time reading old posts here and on somersoft .

There isn't a straight divide between so cash flow properties and so called cap growth properties and people who advocate buying in nice well located areas often have a large pair of blinkers on.....

In the current cycle one area in Sydney that has given over 100 % CAPITAL GROWTH is .......wait for it .....

Mt Druitt

There are lots of nice places in Sydney that have gone up no where near that amount .

We bought two units in Mosman one month after the GFC hit and statistically Mosman units haven't gone up dramatically since then . Only thing that made it worthwhile was we bought 30 % under market value ..

We have a combination of nice properties and cheapies . Currently buying as many cheapies as the banks and our SANF will allow us. Mid last week the SANF was saying have a break , but it's amazing what a nice relaxing weekend will do for you , though it looks as though we might be going low doc / 80 % LVR for any more .

All of the nice properties were bought when the relevant markets were relatively dead and are long term buy and holds . The cheapies we're buying now are at a time when we think the market is about to take off.

Cliff

Last edited: 31st Aug, 2015
    Sackie and maurizio1979 like this.
  3. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

@maurizio1979
    You may need to look at how you have set up poll?

maurizio1979 likes this.
  4. maurizio1979

maurizio1979 New Member

Yeah your probably right..First time on a forum like this...an I just winged it...plus I'm doing all this on a bad phone. .cheers though. .I will look into it

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Sep, 2015
  5. maurizio1979

maurizio1979 New Member

I've read a bit on somersoft. ..very good...
    I'm trying to create a system for a company/trust/syndicate and wanted to get some opinions on it...could you possibly point me in the right direction ??

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

ASIC? - they're quite keen to look into property syndicates I hear.

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

maurizio1979 likes this.
  8. Mick C

Mick C Well-Known Member

Capital growth for sure for your 1st 1-2 foundation property ( as 7/10 of investors stop investing due to deposit requirement)

After that go for cash flow using a trust.

9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

If you're hoping to invest in a trust, particularly a discretionary trust, cashflow is the go. For a unit trust it doesn't matter as much as you can negative gear more easily. Be aware that finance for syndicates is very difficult, and trusts in general can limit your lending options - with discretionary trusts you can't use negative gearing so servicing long term can be affected.
    There are also lots of (financial) reasons to not invest in a group if you can possibly avoid it.

maurizio1979 likes this.
  10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah, do enough research to put yourself in the best position to get the first one right and you should be on your way.

maurizio1979 likes this.