Newbie Intro from Sydney

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by alanyin, 24th Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alanyin

alanyin Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I'm starting this thread to introduce myself and to seek some advice on where to start in this forum. I have read some PC posts in the past. However most of them came from the Google search results of the questions I had about properties and I never really got a chance to properly 'start' on this forum, let alone systematically learning about property investment. It would be great if someone could point out which threads I should start with (as I know lots of the top contributors on PC learned their skills through PC and Somersoft).

A bit about myself: I'm a software engineer based in Sydney (I moved to Sydney a couple of years ago from Brisbane) and my favourite thing to do on the weekend is to explore different places (and food of course). You'll often find me walking around in a particular suburb just to feel the 'vibe' of it. I love old character filled buildings and anything with a bit of history in it.

I have started my property journey back in 2018 and now I own two investment properties (one in Brisbane and one in Sydney, both Torrens titled). My goal is to accumulate more quality investment properties and achieve financial freedom hopefully in the next 10-15 years.

While the main reason I joined this forum is to learn as much as I can, I would also like to give back to the community by contributing to fact-based discussions and sharing whatever I have learned about properties.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is safe and well.

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  2. Kent Cliffe

Kent Cliffe Well-Known Member

Welcome! Best of luck on the journey... enjoy the ride ;)

alanyin likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Welcome!

The best way to start, is to scroll through the thread until you find something that sounds interesting. You will learn more by attempting to answer questions yourself.

alanyin and Gockie like this.
  4. alanyin

Time flies so fast!

It’s been a year since I posted this newbie intro and it’s been nearly two years since I joined PC…

The past 12 months have seen the biggest increase in my portfolio as it has just hit $3m. I have acquired 2 additional IPs with another one under way (hopefully in the next couple of months but I’m still in lockdown).

In particular, I would like to thank @See Change for all the helpful posts you have shared with us. I did not follow you and buy where you have bought (Not even once unfortunately. Otherwise I would have made a fortune out of it.). But your strategies and mindset have been truly eye-opening and made me wonder why I had not read them earlier.

Last edited: 21st Jul, 2021
    Travelbug, skater and geoffw like this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're doing well.

alanyin likes this.
  6. alanyin

Thanks skater. There is still a lot to learn though. But I will try answer as many questions as I can to help others get started. :cool:

skater likes this.