Hi all, I am new to this, although for last few years been reading lots of investing books including property books and lurked on previous forum. Never could pull the trigger on property previously, but a mindset shift is making me think its time. I want to start with an end goal in mind and an initial plan, not just buy an IP for the sake of tax purposes. So to get a better understanding of the basics, I have put together some high level 10 year financial models so I could look at the cashflow impacts, negative gearing etc, before I talk to any brokers. I am not a finance guru, just anal about my personal budget. Starting point 300k available for a deposit(s) Me late thirties, partner late forties Both High Income Earners Neither of us have IP or PPOR , we rent - and don’t intend to buy a PPOR together in Sydney, unless there was a significant drop in prices where we currently rent. We both have other assets classes as part of our individual investment portfolio's Goals In 10 years have $4 million in property with $2 million as equity In 5 -6 Years move out of the rat race of Sydney and buy a PPOR in QLD somewhere, I don’t expect to be retired at that point, but expect income will be significantly lower So I forecasted over 10 Yrs... buying 5 IP’s in first 5 years to the tune of $2million: in summary Buy $1-$1.2 million worth in the next 12 months (2 IP’s ) - we have the cash available for deposit and I believe this is serviceable based on salaries $1 million more in property over next 3-4 years (3IP's) - use some cash for deposits each year, but mainly leveraging capital growth from portfolio All 5 properties intended to be CG Buy Hold so: 7% annual Growth, and 4% rental yield used in model for all properties Operating expense of each property = 40% of rent I included a few interest rate rises over the 10 years (max being 7%) Can anyone comment on my numbers or approach above, i.e. achievable?, too aggressive ? way too simplistic? I am not sure on the best approach to buying a PPOR in 5 years time and how that could fit into my strategy, so haven't yet modelled that. I might need an exit strategy (phase 2 of my research!) I appreciate i still have a lot of knowledge to gain, but I am right now just trying to understand what might be achievable given salaries and cash on hand, and see if I am comfortable with the risks. Thanks in advance for any advice.